GET TO KNOW OUR COMMUNITY NEIGHBORS: Next Saturday, June 17, St. Paul’s will again join with other Cary churches and the Cary Police Department to host a summer party for residents of the Wrenn Drive area from 12:00 noon ‘til 4:00 p.m. We’ll have crafts and face-painting for the kids. Come help at this fun event. If you are a teenager studying Spanish, this is a great opportunity to try out your language skills! See the St. Paul’s website (search for GoDo) for the link to sign up. Financial contributions to the event are also welcome!
ALTAR GUILD: During our recent spring cleaning, the Altar Guild found four altar frontals that do not fit the altars in the sanctuary or the chapel. They are beautifully made with lovely embroidery on good-quality, heavy fabric in a variety of the seasonal colors of the church. They are about 4 feet wide by 3 feet. Does anyone know their history and how they came to be at St. Paul’s? Please contact Anne Babb at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have information. Pictures of the frontals are available in the newsletter both printed and on the website.
Baptism Dates are:
July 9, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
August 13, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
September 10, 2017 at 11:15 a.m.
To help you prepare for the sacrament of baptism for yourself or your child, you are required to attend Baptism Instruction class. Please call the Office Manager, Melanie Fairbrother at Melanie.Fairbrother@stpaulscary.org or 467-1477 ext. 10 to schedule your baptism class and baptism date. Instruction is usually the 1st Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Cry Room / Bride’s Room.
Appalachia Service Project (ASP) brings thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families. Their mission is to make homes “Warmer, Safer, and Drier.” St. Paul’s is once again going with a team of youth and adults. This year we will go June 25 – July 1 to a location in North Carolina. There are limited spaces available for youth who are rising 9th graders – graduating seniors. To sign up, contact Kevin Swann at email@example.com.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Julian Gathering is serving lemonade and refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 service today. This small group meets in the Cry Room on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month for contemplative prayer and discussion of the writings of Julian of Norwich. Stop by to learn more about this unique opportunity for prayer and study.
Next week the Ushers will be providing refreshments. This ministry plays an important role in welcoming all who enter our doors. They greet people, hand out service bulletins, collect the offering and assist the congregation at communion time.
AMAZON SMILE: St. Paul’s is now an active charity on Amazon Smile where Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charities selected by the customer! Go to smile.amazon.com and when asked to select your charity, select “St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Cary, NC” (be sure not to select the St. Paul’s that includes the Diocese of NC in the title). Or, you can go directly to the St. Paul’s link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/56-1327988. Happy Shopping!
Kids’ Club: Friendly reminder, please leave your cellphone on vibrate for texts during service. The nursery staff may need you to return for your child.
- Children’s Chapel will be held only at the 9:00 a.m. worship service today and is open to all children age 3 through 2nd Immediately following the Collect, children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing. The children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- We are looking forward to welcoming over 70 children and 30 volunteers to our 2017 VBS, Abundance Orchard: Where Faith Grows! Participant registration is closed but we still need youth and adult volunteers. Please contact Christine Ingram at Christine.Ingram@stpaulscary.org if you would like to volunteer.
- Summer S(f)undays begin today at 10:10 a.m.! Meet us on the playground to share in the Parable of The Great Family and enjoy a piece of St. Paul’s Birthday cake! All are welcome (children must be accompanied by an adult).
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is starting over again…we are working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Collection. So far, we have collected $30.78 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- Children’s bulletins, crayon packs, and pipe cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex. Nursery care for babies and young children is also available-please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kids’ Club). Our Bride’s Room is in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child. Sunday School is on vacation until Sept. 10.
- Sunday School: No classes, out of for the summer.
- EYC Tonight 4:00-6:00 p.m.: Pool Party! We will celebrate the end-of-the-year with a pool party at Cary swim Club (808 Tanglewood Dr., Cary). Parents, please complete a waiver for your youth (www.caryswimclub.org/uploads/3/8/8/6/38860309/child_waiver.pdf). Check your youth in with Leah and come back inside the pool for pickup. It will be a relaxing evening of swimming, games, food, and fellowship – and always fun! Note the change from regular EYC time.