- Children’s Chapel, for children ages 3 yr-2nd grade, will be held today at the
9:00 a.m. service.
- Pre-EYC Parent Meeting – June 16th: Parents of rising 4th-5th graders are welcome to join us on Sunday, June 16th, following the 9:00 a.m. service in the chapel. We will be discussing the transition of leadership for the fall of 2019.
- Note-in-the Pocket – THANK YOU! Thank you to everyone who was able to come out last Sunday and help sort through all the clothes! We would also like to thank everyone for their contributions to the children’s basket every Sunday for the past year.
- EYC Pool Party June 30 from 4-6 m.: Since the weather was bad last weekend, we have rescheduled our party. We are going to celebrate the end of our programming year and welcome our incoming 6th graders. We’ll meet at Cary Swim Club to swim, play and eat some pizza. RSVP at http://bit.ly/2Wg8Rmw by July 28 to participate.
- “Shake It Up Sunday” July 14 from 6-8 p.m.: We have invited our youth neighbors at Cary Presbyterian to join us, so come to the youth wing for milkshakes, games and Compline, Come enjoy a fun evening with us.
Sunday. Join us at 10:15 a.m. today, between services in the Youth Wing for a Rob Bell NOOMA video and informal discussion. These short videos encourage us to examine our faith in new ways, and we’ll finish in time for you to get to the 10:45 a.m. service.
Wednesday. Join us Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m. In the Youth Wing for Adult Formation. Joe Ryan will guide us through Paul’s letter to the Philippians. The book of Philippians, only 4 chapters long, concentrates on aspects of joy, and we’ll focus on Paul’s understandings.
SUMMER SOLSTICE SOIRÉE: The Vestry of St. Paul’s invites you to a Summer Solstice Soirée Friday June 21 at Bass Lake Park from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. This is a chance to get together as adults for a relaxing evening of fun and fellowship. No agenda other than a good time. We are not providing childcare so those who often provide that service can be a part of our celebration as well – if you need help finding a sitter, please let us know. Questions can be addressed to Mary Kintz, Sr. Warden at email@example.com or to any vestry member. Please RSVP at http://evite.me/31ay5cJtNE.
ENDOWMENT BOARD FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE: The St. Paul’s Endowment Board is delighted to announce that funds are available to further St. Paul’s outreach efforts and to continue to beautify our grounds. We are indebted to those generous donors who lovingly gave gifts to St. Paul’s. Now we need to ensure that their generosity is cherished and celebrated. If you have a great idea for using these funds for an outreach project (approximately $1400 available) or a grounds beautification project (approximately $1800 available), we would love to hear from you! Endowment Grant Request forms are available on the website, or email Katie Bricio at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note that there are restrictions on exactly how these funds can be used. Please see the website for more information or ask Katie. Endowment Grant Request forms will be accepted through July 31, 2019.
MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS AND SUMMERTIME REFRESHMENTS: In honor of Father’s Day, the Ushers will be providing light refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 a.m. service today. This ministry plays an important role in helping newcomers and visitors form a positive impression of our church. They greet people on Sunday mornings, hand out service bulletins, collect the offering and assist the congregation at communion time.
The Rainbow Gathering will be providing refreshments next week. The mission of the Rainbow Gathering ministry is to provide a supportive community and an inclusive gathering place for individuals who identify as LGBTQIA+, their allies, families and friends.
Celebration of Life: Funeral preparation class: While thinking of planning a funeral might not be on the top of anyone’s to do list, we all know that it will be done at some point. And if it can be done ahead of time, most find it to be a relief for themselves and their loved ones.
St. Paul’s is organizing a way for individuals and families to organize their thoughts and desires regarding final plans. Those plans can then be on file at the church and edited at any time.
Sunday, July 28 at noon, The Rev. Melanie Mudge will lead a session that will guide all to use our beautiful liturgy to have a funeral that will reflect the individual whose life is being celebrated. It has been her experience that these planning sessions are not depressing but rather a time of openness and humor.
Please register by emailing: Melanie.Mudge@stpaulscary.org. Loved ones are encouraged to come if possible. We will be providing a sandwich / salad lunch for $5.00 per person.
NEW CHECK REQUEST FORM: If you need to be reimbursement check, please note our new due date. Requests are due Monday morning by 8:00 a.m. and disbursed by the following Monday. Check requests will be delayed if all information is not completed. Forms can be found on the website or in the Church Office in the mailbox.