PENTECOST SUNDAY: The color of the day for next Sunday, the Day of Pentecost, is RED! This day celebrates the coming of the third part of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit. It is a co-equal celebration with Christmas and Easter. With that in mind, please wear your best RED duds!!
Sunday. Join us at 10:15 a.m. today, June 2, between services in the youth wing for a Rob Bell NOOMA video and informal discussion. These short videos encourage us to examine our faith in new ways, and we’ll finish in time for you to get to the 10:45 a.m. service.
Wednesday. We’ll begin our Wednesday evening Adult Formation on June 5 at 7:00 p.m. with a 5-week Bible study. Joe Ryan will guide us through Paul’s letter to the Philippians. The book of Philippians, only 4 chapters long, concentrates on aspects of joy, and we’ll focus on Paul’s understandings.
ASP: We need four adults to accompany our youth on the Appalachian Service Project from June 23rd through 29th. ASP is about building relationships and serving others beyond our local area. Our youth have responded enthusiastically with all the slots filled, but we must have enough adult volunteers to have two per van to Kentucky. Please consider this life-changing opportunity and contact Kevin Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-607-5913.
TODAY RISE AGAINST HUNGER Meal Packaging Event: Join us at a Rise Against Hunger meal packaging event on Sunday June 2nd from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. in the parish hall. Go to http://events.stophungernow.org/StPaulsCary to make a donation and register yourself (and family) for this fun, educational, highly-impactful event. Questions? Contact Brooke Mautz or Ramsey McIntire at email@example.com.
PRAYER LIST RENEWAL: We ask that those who have requested friends and loved ones be included on the prayer list, email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at
467-1477 extension 10, to renew the request. Please contact Melanie Fairbrother by Monday, June 10, to renew your request. Call or email anytime to remove a name. Please do not assume that we know the name should be renewed.
MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS AND SUMMERTIME REFRESHMENTS: The Newcomer Ministry will be providing light refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 a.m. service today. Please stop by to find out more about this important ministry. Visitors to St. Paul’s receive a loaf of homemade bread following their initial visit on Sunday morning. Perhaps you’d like to help by baking or delivering this special token of our welcome.
BEWARE OF EMAIL SCAM: Recently, parishioners across the diocese have received emails pretending to be from their local clergy. The clergy will not ask you for gift cards or any such items in an email. Please be aware that this is a recurring email scam.
SUMMER SOLSTICE SOIRÉE: The Vestry of St. Paul’s invites you to a Summer Solstice Soirée Friday June 21 at Bass Lake Park from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. This is a chance to get together as adults for a relaxing evening of fun and fellowship. No agenda other than a good time. We are not providing childcare so those who often provide that service can be a part of our celebration as well – if you need help finding a sitter, please let us know. Questions can be addressed to Mary Kintz, Sr. Warden at email@example.com or to any vestry member. Please RSVP at http://evite.me/31ay5cJtNE.
NEW CHECK REQUEST FORM: If you need to be reimbursement check, please note our new due date. Requests are due Monday morning by 8:00 a.m. and disbursed by the following Monday. Check requests will be delayed if all information is not completed. Forms can be found on the website or in the Church Office in the mailbox.
ENDOWMENT BOARD FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE: The St. Paul’s Endowment Board is delighted to announce that funds are available to further St. Paul’s outreach efforts and to continue to beautify our grounds. We are indebted to those generous donors who lovingly gave gifts to St. Paul’s. Now we need to ensure that their generosity is cherished and celebrated. If you have a great idea for using these funds for an outreach project (approximately $1400 available) or a grounds beautification project (approximately $1800 available), we would love to hear from you! Endowment Grant Request forms are available on the website, or email Katie Bricio at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note that there are restrictions on exactly how these funds can be used. Please see the website for more information or ask Katie. Endowment Grant Request forms will be accepted through July 31, 2019.
• Children’s Chapel, for children ages 3 yr-2nd grade, will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. service.
• Pre-EYC Parent Meeting – Today, June 2nd: Parents of rising 4th-5th graders are welcome to join us on, following the 9:00 a.m. service. We will be discussing the transition of leadership for the fall of 2019.
• Pre-EYC Graduation: Next Sunday, June 9, at the 9:00 a.m. service, we will graduate our 5th Graders to EYC. Please join us in this exciting transition!
• Note-in-the Pocket: Ever wonder where the money goes that our children so dutifully donate on Sundays? It goes to Note in the Pocket, an amazing organization providing clothing for families in need through Wake County Public School System. Our Note in the Pocket sort day is next Sunday, June 9, following the 9:00 a.m. service. We need 50+ volunteers and this is a kid-friendly, family event.
• “Shake It Up Sunday” Tonight 6-8 p.m.: Come to the youth wing for milkshakes, games and Compline. Come enjoy a fun evening with us.
• EYC Pool Party June 9 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. Please note new date and time. We are going to celebrate the end of our programming year and welcome our incoming 6th graders. We’ll meet at Cary Swim Club to swim, play, and eat some pizza. RSVP at http://bit.ly/2Wg8Rmw by 6/7 to participate.
• Episcopal Farmworkers Trip June 17: We are going down for a day to learn about the EFwM and see what they do and where they are. We will also spend an evening with farmworkers at a local camp, including cooking dinner for them and sharing a meal. All ages are welcome, including parents. We will leave St. Paul’s at 10:30 a.m. and return around 10:30 p.m. The cost is $25.00. Registration and non-refundable payment are due by June 9th. Signup at http://bit.ly/2LZxsYU. If you have any questions, contact Leah.