- Thank you to everyone who helped with the 2017-2018 Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket! We exceeded our goal of $3000 … in fact we collected $3008.75! We start our 2018-2019 collection today, with another goal of $3000 for next year’s Note in the Pocket Sort Day!
- Outreach at your back door! Join us TODAY at 10:10 a.m. in the Parish Hall for our Note in the Pocket Sort Day! This outreach event will last about one hour, and all ages and stages are welcome and needed! We still need about 20 volunteers, so join us in the Parish Hall if you ca help.
- Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. worship service. Please follow the cross processional following the Collect.
- Sunday School Teachers are needed for the 2018-19 school year! We have openings in Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th Please contact Christine Ingram for more information.
- EYC Today: Pool Party from 4-6 p.m. at Cary Swim Club.
- Middle School Mission Trip June 18-21: A few spots remain for rising 6th-8th graders to go to the Episcopal Farmworker’s Ministry to learn and serve. Contact Leah to sign up or get more information.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS
There is no coffee hour this week.
Starting next week, various ministries will be providing light refreshments in front of the church between the 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services. The hosting group on June 10th will be the Ushers. This ministry plays an important role in helping newcomers and visitors form a positive impression of our church. They greet people on Sunday mornings, hand out service bulletins, collect the offering, and assist the congregation at communion time.
RESILIENCE: THE BIOLOGY OF STRESS & THE SCIENCE OF HOPE: Resilience is a powerful movie about the long-term effects of childhood trauma – as well as exciting approaches to preventing or modifying these effects. All adults are invited to attend this showing of Resilience at 4:00 p.m. today! Immediately after the movie, there will be a light dinner in the Parish Hall for those adults who have pre-registered.
NEW PHOTO DIRECTORY: If you have not had your picture taken yet for the new picture directory planned as part of the upcoming celebration of St. Paul’s upcoming 60th Anniversary and would like to participate, please contact Jill Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about additional photo opportunities.
MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: Welcoming in Christ is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for May is “Music and the Arts as Expression of Faith.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to email@example.com.
|CONFIRMATION ON SUNDAY, JUNE 17. Service times for the Bishop’s visit will revert to 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., and 11:15 a.m. The Rt. Rev. Anne Elliott Hodges-Copple, Bishop Suffragan of North Carolina, will join us on June 17 to confirm and receive new members.|