GET TO KNOW OUR COMMUNITY NEIGHBORS: On Saturday, June 17, St. Paul’s will again join with other Cary churches and the Cary Police Department to host a summer party for residents of the Wrenn Drive area from 12:00 noon ‘til 4:00 p.m. We’ll have crafts and face-painting for the kids. Come help at this fun event. If you are a teenager studying Spanish, this is a great opportunity to try out your language skills! See the St. Paul’s website (search for GoDo) for the link to sign up. Financial contributions to the event are also welcome!
ALTAR GUILD: During our recent spring cleaning, the Altar Guild found four altar frontals that do not fit the altars in the sanctuary or the chapel. They are beautifully made with lovely embroidery on good-quality, heavy fabric in a variety of the seasonal colors of the church. They are about 4 feet wide by 3 feet. Does anyone know their history and how they came to be at St. Paul’s? Please contact Anne Babb at email@example.com if you have information. Pictures of the frontals are available in the newsletter both printed and on the website.
Baptism Dates are:
July 9, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
August 13, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
September 10, 2017 at 11:15 a.m.
To help you prepare for the sacrament of baptism for yourself or your child, you are required to attend Baptism Instruction class. Please call the Office Manager, Melanie Fairbrother at Melanie.Fairbrother@stpaulscary.org or 467-1477 ext. 10 to schedule your baptism class and baptism date. Instruction is usually the 1st Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Cry Room / Bride’s Room.
Appalachia Service Project (ASP) brings thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families. Their mission is to make homes “Warmer, Safer, and Drier.” St. Paul’s is once again going with a team of youth and adults. This year we will go June 25 – July 1 to a location in North Carolina. There are limited spaces available for youth who are rising 9th graders – graduating seniors. To sign up, contact Kevin Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Youth Committee is serving lemonade and refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 a.m. service. Our youth program is a strong and integral part of our parish community. Many of our youth are helping with our worship services today, as ushers, lay readers, and more. Please use this opportunity to say thanks or to find out more about this important ministry.
Next week the Julian Gathering will be providing refreshments. This small group meets in the Cry Room on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month for contemplative prayer and discussion of the writings of Julian of Norwich. Stop by to learn more about this unique opportunity for prayer and study.
AMAZON SMILE: St. Paul’s is now an active charity on Amazon Smile where Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charities selected by the customer! Go to smile.amazon.com and when asked to select your charity, select “St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Cary, NC” (be sure not to select the St. Paul’s that includes the Diocese of NC in the title). Or, you can go directly to the St. Paul’s link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/56-1327988. Happy Shopping!
Remember when there was a monthly breakfast social event? The Senior Ministry is trying to get it started again on the first Wednesday of every month. We’ll meet for the first-time Wednesday, June 7, from 9:00-10:00 a.m. at the IHOP on Kildaire Farm Road. No need to make a reservation; just show up. We’ll also discuss whether time, place, etc., need to be changed.
CURSILLO weekend will be held at St. Paul’s on June 8‑11, 2017. Please consider becoming a participant, especially if you are looking for something more in your spiritual life. Cursillo is a spiritual renewal ministry in the Episcopal Church for men and women. For more information please contact Rev. Candy Snively at 919-380-7101 or email@example.com.
Kids’ Club: Friendly reminder, please leave your cellphone on vibrate for texts during service. The nursery staff may need you to return for your child.
- Thank you to everyone that contributed to the 2016-2017 Children’s Stewardship Basket. We exceeded our $3000 goal, collecting $3142, which enables us to host our Note in the Pocket Sort Day TODAY! Everyone is welcome to help us for about an hour in the Parish Hall – we still have many opportunities for volunteers! Sorting starts at 10:10 a.m. … hope to see you there!
- Children’s Chapel will be held only at the 9:00 a.m. worship service today and is open to all children age 3 through 2nd Immediately following the Collect, children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing. The children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- We are looking forward to welcoming over 80 children and 30 volunteers to our 2017 VBS, Abundance Orchard: Where Faith Grows! Participant registration is closed, but we may have room to squeeze you in … contact Christine Ingram about space availability. We are also still in need of youth and adult volunteers.
- Are you ready for Summer S(f)undays? They start next S(f)unday!!! Don’t miss out on all the S(f)un!
- Children’s Bulletins, Crayon Packs, and Pipe Cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex. Nursery care for babies and young children is also available-please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kids’ Club). Our Bride’s Room is in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child. Sunday School is on vacation until Sept. 10.
- Sunday School: There is no lesson today. Instead, come to the Youth Wing for an end-of-year celebration and thank you to the teachers. We will have snacks and maybe you can pitch in to help with Youth-hosted Coffee Hour.
- EYC June 11th 4:00-6:00 p.m.: Pool Party! We will celebrate the end-of-the-year with a pool party at Cary swim Club (808 Tanglewood Dr., Cary). Parents, please complete a waiver for your youth (www.caryswimclub.org/uploads/3/8/8/6/38860309/child_waiver.pdf). Check your youth in with Leah and come back inside the pool for pickup. It will be a relaxing evening of swimming, games, food, and fellowship – and always fun! Note the change in date and time.
- Middle School Mission Trip, June 16-19: We’re going back to the Episcopal Farmworkers Ministry. For forms and details contact Leah by Monday, June 5th.