Please remember to silence your cell phones.
- Children’s Chapel, for children ages 3 yr-2nd grade, will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. service.
- Pre-EYC Graduation: We will graduate our 5th Graders to EYC at the 9:00 a.m. service today. Please join us in this exciting transition!
- Note-in-the Pocket: Our Note in the Pocket sort day is today following the 9:00 a.m. service. We need 50+ volunteers and this is a kid-friendly, family event. The money that our children so dutifully donate on Sundays goes to Note in the Pocket, an amazing organization providing clothing for families in need through Wake County Public School System.
- Pre-EYC Parent Meeting – Sunday, June 16th: Parents of rising 4th-5th graders are welcome to join us on, following the 9:00 a.m. service. We will be discussing the transition of leadership for the fall of 2019.
- EYC Pool Party June 9 from 2-4 p.m.: Please note new date and time. We are going to celebrate the end of our programming year and welcome our incoming 6th We’ll meet at Cary Swim Club to swim, play and eat some pizza.
- Episcopal Farmworkers Trip June 17: We are going down for a day to learn about the EFwM and see what they do and where they are. We will also spend an evening with farmworkers at a local camp, including cooking dinner for them and sharing a meal. All ages are welcome, including parents. We will leave St. Paul’s at 10:30 a.m. and return around 10:30 p.m. The cost is $25.00. Registration and non-refundable payment are due today. Signup at http://bit.ly/2LZxsYU. If you have any questions, contact Leah.
VBS NEEDS: We need volunteers able to help all five days if possible! Email email@example.com. We also need shoe boxes. If you have any to donate, please drop them off at the church.
Sunday. Join us at 10:15 a.m. today between services in the youth wing for a Rob Bell NOOMA video and informal discussion. These short videos encourage us to examine our faith in new ways, and we’ll finish in time for you to get to the 10:45 a.m. service.
Wednesday. Joe Ryan is leading a study of Paul’s letter to the Philippians. The book, only 4 chapters long, concentrates on aspects of joy, and we’ll focus on Paul’s understandings.
SUMMER SOLSTICE SOIRÉE: The Vestry of St. Paul’s invites you to a Summer Solstice Soirée Friday June 21 at Bass Lake Park from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. This is a chance to get together as adults for a relaxing evening of fun and fellowship. No agenda other than a good time. We are not providing childcare so those who often provide that service can be a part of our celebration as well – if you need help finding a sitter, please let us know. Questions can be addressed to Mary Kintz, Sr. Warden at firstname.lastname@example.org or to any vestry member. Please RSVP at http://evite.me/31ay5cJtNE.
MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS AND SUMMERTIME REFRESHMENTS: The Ministry Leader Resource Committee (MLRC) is providing light refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 a.m. service today. The MLRC provides support for ministry leaders and invites and encourages parishioners to get involved in parish life. Please stop by to enjoy refreshments and to find out more about the many ministries of St. Paul’s.
In honor of Father’s Day, the Ushers will be providing refreshments next week. The Ushers greet people on Sunday mornings, hand out service bulletins, collect the offering, and assist the congregation at communion time. They play an important role in helping newcomers and visitors form a positive impression of our church.
PRAYER LIST RENEWAL: We ask that those who have requested friends and loved ones be included on the prayer list, email the office at email@example.com or call the office at 919 467-1477 extension 10, to renew the request. Please contact Melanie Fairbrother by tomorrow, Monday, June 10, to renew your request. Call or email anytime to remove a name. Please do not assume that we know the name should be renewed.
BEWARE OF EMAIL SCAM: Recently, parishioners across the diocese have received emails pretending to be from their local clergy. The clergy will not ask you for gift cards or any such items in an email. Please be aware that this is a recurring email scam.
NEW CHECK REQUEST FORM: If you need to be reimbursement check, please note our new due date. Requests are due Monday morning by 8:00 a.m. and disbursed by the following Monday. Check requests will be delayed if all information is not completed. Forms can be found on the website or in the Church Office in the mailbox.
ENDOWMENT BOARD FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE: The St. Paul’s Endowment Board is delighted to announce that funds are available to further St. Paul’s outreach efforts and to continue to beautify our grounds. We are indebted to those generous donors who lovingly gave gifts to St. Paul’s. Now we need to ensure that their generosity is cherished and celebrated. If you have a great idea for using these funds for an outreach project (approximately $1400 available) or a grounds beautification project (approximately $1800 available), we would love to hear from you! Endowment Grant Request forms are available on the website, or email Katie Bricio at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note that there are restrictions on exactly how these funds can be used. Please see the website for more information or ask Katie. Endowment Grant Request forms will be accepted through July 31, 2019.
Town Hall Meeting on Public Education: Today, from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m., join our neighbors at Christ the King Lutheran Church (600 Walnut Street, Cary) for a conversation with State Senators Jay Chaudhuri, Wiley Nickel, and Sam Searcy – and Kristin Beller, representative from the NC Association of Educators, about how they are working to improve public education in North Carolina. This event is co-sponsored by Christ the King Lutheran Church and the NC Council of Churches.