TODAY IS HERMANO DAY: Please welcome Lariza Garzon, the Executive Director of the Episcopal Farmworker Ministry. She is here to tell us about the work of the ministry as well as collect our donations. If you would like to make a monetary contribution to the ministry, please make your checks out to the Episcopal Farmworker Ministry. Thank you!
Sunday Morning: Join us in the chapel today at 10:15 a.m. as we continue the Lenten series, A Great Cloud of Witnesses: Exploring the History of the Episcopal Church in North Carolina. Today, Lariza Garzon, Executive Director, Episcopal Farmworker Ministry, will discuss the roles of the Episcopal Church and St. Paul’s in this important effort.
Wednesday Lenten Offerings: Eucharist and Bible study will be offered at noon and 7:00 p.m. in the Chapel.
FELLOWSHIP EVENTS TEAM (FET):
The FET hosts our 4th Annual Barbecue Luncheon on Saturday, April 6th, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the parish hall. Tickets (adults $10, children $5) will be available after the 9:15 and 11:15 a.m. services and during coffee hour today. This is a great opportunity to taste wonderful barbecue with a special secret sauce. Pork, buns, chicken, mac and cheese, coleslaw, green beans, corn bread, banana pudding, and cookies are all on the menu. Dine-in or take-out. Think picnic time! Gather your friends, and we can help pack your picnic basket. See you there! New volunteers always welcome. Contact: Skreilly7@gmail.com or Raykoo83@gmail.com.
SPRING MINI MINISTRY FAIR: This event will be held in the parish hall during coffee hour next Sundy. Different ministries are highlighted at the three mini fairs each year. Some of the groups which will be present at the spring fair include: Altar Guild, Appalachia Service Project, Care and Share, GoDo service Ministry, Julian Gathering, and the Memorial Garden.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS:
The Mystery Book Group and the Women’s Study Group are co-hosting coffee hour in the parish hall following the 9:00 a.m. service today. Both groups offer excellent opportunities to share lively discussions and a love of reading. Please stop by to find out more about their previous and upcoming selections.
The Spring Mini Ministry Fair will take place next Sunday and the participating ministries will be hosting coffee hour. The three mini fairs each year highlight different groups. A few of the groups present at this fair will include: Altar Guild, Appalachia Service Project, Care and Share, GoDo service Ministry, Julian Gathering, Memorial Garden, Ministry of Mothers Sharing (MOMS), Newcomer Ministry, and the Photo Group.
MEN’S BEACH WEEK: Each year, the men of St. Paul’s gather in Emerald Isle for a week of fun at the beach – just to have a great time! This year, Men’s Beach week runs from Easter Sunday, April 21st through Sunday, April 28th. Choose to come for one or more nights – the sign-up sheet is in the narthex. For more info, please contact Mike McInerney at Michael.email@example.com or at (919) 656-4629.
WOMEN’S BEACH WEEK: St. Paul’s Women’s Beach Week sign up is in progress! Come for a few days or the whole week. This trip is open any St. Paul’s women over 18. All are welcome! We have houses reserved in Emerald Isle NC. The dates are Sunday April 28 – Sunday May 5. The cost is $40 a night. This is a wonderful way to meet, reconnect, relax, and have fun with other members of our church. The sign-up poster is in the narthex, with forms and information. If you have any questions, please call or text Yvon Daniel @ 919-747-1199, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EASTER LILY ENVELOPES DUE TODAY and are available in the pews. Giving a lily that will decorate the altar and worship spaces for the Easter services is a beautiful way to remember and / or give thanks for the special people in our lives. The Altar Guild requests a donation of $20.00 per plant. Checks may be made payable to St. Paul’s with Altar Guild Lily noted on the memo line. Please make sure the outside of the envelope is filled out with your name; the name of the person(s) for whom the lily is being given; and a note if the lily is being given in the memory of, or in thanksgiving for, that person. All requests must be received TODAY to be included in the Easter bulletin. Requests / donations may be placed in the collection plates or dropped off at the church office. Easter lilies may be taken home after the 11:15 a.m. Easter service.
HELP NEEDED RAISING MONEY FOR OUTREACH: Since 2013 the Arts & Crafts Festival has been raising money for outreach at St. Paul’s. In 2018 we raised over $7200. We need your help to continue this good work. Please consider joining the planning committee for this year’s festival on November 9.
We need volunteers in all areas. Are you an organizer? Do you love setting up displays? Will you have a few hours to transport tables on the weekend of the festival? This is a fun way to get involved at St. Paul’s. For more information, please email Sally Moller at email@example.com.
CAPITAL PROJECT UPDATE: Did you miss the project update on February 24? Don’t worry! A brief summary is now available on the St. Paul’s website, including information about repairs, renovations, and exciting possibilities for new construction.
• The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. So far, we have collected $1914.63 toward our $3000 goal!
• Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after the Collect.
• Sunday School (Children’s Formation) continues today at 10:10 a.m. in the Education Building.
• Easter Candy-we are accepting donations of individually wrapped, nut-free Easter candy for our Easter Egg Hunt. Please bring donations to bin in the donation area or to Christine Ingram. Thank you!
• Dorcas Birthday Boxes – Pre-EYC will be making Dorcas Food Pantry Birthday Boxes at their April 7, 2019 meeting. We need birthday party items for children ages 8-10 to host a simple birthday party for 8-10 guests. We need cups, plates, napkins, wrapping paper, cake mix and frosting, candles, banners, decorations, party favors and a gift for the Birthday child! Please bring donations to Christine Ingram. Thank you!
• Our “FUNdamentals of Faith” Sports Themed VBS will be happening June 17-21, 2019! Registration forms are in the narthex. Completed registration forms are due by May 1. We need lots of and adult volunteers, so please be sure to let me know if you will be able to help.
• Youth Christian Formation: The lesson is entitled “Caring for Others: Hospitable to One Another.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
• EYC Tonight: Come make prayer bottles, something that can be used with your Lenten discipline. Dinner and scatterball included!