Bulletin Announcements for Sunday, May 14, 2017
Habitat for Humanity: The second date reserved for St. Paul’s on the 2017 Episcopal Build for Habitat for Humanity is coming up on May 20th. If you’ve been looking for a chance to help provide affordable housing for a deserving family by doing hands-on outreach, or if you just want to spend a Saturday with other St. Paul’s parishioners, here’s your chance! There’s no construction experience nor tools required, the work day starts at 8:15 a.m. and ends by 4:00 p.m. Lunch is provided. Volunteers must be 16 years or older (volunteers under 18 years of age must bring a parent/guardian waiver on their volunteer date). To register and to obtain necessary waiver forms, go to http://vhub.at/EpiscopalBuild17. If you have any questions, contact Dave Mackie at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text at 919-260-6707.
CURSILLO weekend will be held at St. Paul’s on June 8‑11, 2017. Please consider becoming a participant, especially if you are looking for something more in your spiritual life. Cursillo is a spiritual renewal ministry in the Episcopal Church for men and women. For more information please contact Rev. Candy Snively at 919-380-7101 or email@example.com.
Preschool Summer FUNdraiser- Please let us know if you own a business or have a contact with a local business that would be willing to donate to the Preschool. We are searching for items to be raffled off on Thursday, May 18th at our Summer FUNdraiser. Proceeds from the raffle will go towards items for the playground and classrooms. Please email Brooke Bowersox at firstname.lastname@example.org for the donation letter or with any questions. We appreciate your support!
ACOLYTES NEEDED: Calling all 5th-12th graders! St. Paul’s needs more volunteers to be acolytes during church. It is a great way to contribute to the church, get community service hours for your school, and it is lots of fun to be part of the service. Are you interested but worried you won’t know what to do? No problem! We will provide training for you to go over all the things you need to know. Anyone with interest should contact Jodi Jeffries at email@example.com. Come be a part of our group!
GET TO KNOW OUR COMMUNITY NEIGHBORS: On Saturday, June 17, St. Paul’s will again join with other Cary churches and the Cary Police Department to host a summer party for residents of the Wrenn Drive area from 12:00 noon ‘til 4:00 p.m. We’ll have crafts and face-painting for the kids. Come help at this fun event. If you are a teenager studying Spanish, this is a great opportunity to try out your language skills! See the St. Paul’s website (search for GoDo) for the link to sign up. Financial contributions to the event are also welcome!
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: Join the Fellowship Events Team for a delicious Strawberry and Ice Cream Social in the Parish Hall during coffee hour. This event is one of the many parish gatherings throughout the year that the Fellowship Events Committee offers for fun and fellowship.
There will be no coffee hour next week. Please join us at the parish picnic following the 10:00 a.m. service. The picnic is a wonderful opportunity to gather together as a parish family.
AMAZON SMILE: St. Paul’s is now an active charity on Amazon Smile where Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charities selected by the customer! Go to smile.amazon.com and when asked to select your charity, select “St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Cary, NC” (be sure not to select the St. Paul’s that includes the Diocese of NC in the title). Or, you can go directly to the St. Paul’s link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/56-1327988. Happy Shopping!
Appalachia Service Project (ASP) brings thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families. Their mission is to make homes “Warmer, Safer, and Drier.” St. Paul’s is once again going with a team of youth and adults. This year we will go June 25 – July 1 to a location in North Carolina. There are limited spaces available for youth who are rising 9th graders – graduating seniors. To sign up, contact Kevin Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEELS4HOPE: St. Paul’s Lifelong Learning, Wheels4Hope is sponsoring a FREE, hands-on, basic Car Care class. The class will be held in the St. Paul’s parking lot on Sunday, May 21, starting at 1:00 p.m. Topics will include how to check fluids and tires, how to change a tire, car safety, interior and exterior care, using a maintenance schedule, and how to save money on car repair. This will be an interactive, hands on class, so be prepared to get a little dirty and have some fun!! If you are planning to join us, please email Mike Sweeney at email@example.com if you haven’t already done so. Stop by after enjoying the Parish Picnic!!
Kids’ Club: Friendly reminder, please leave your cellphone on vibrate for texts during service. The nursery staff may need you to return for your child.
Baptism Dates are:
July 9, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
August 13, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
September 10, 2017 at 11:15 a.m.
In order to help you prepare for the sacrament of baptism for yourself or your child, you are required to attend Baptism Instruction class. Please call the Office Manager, Melanie Fairbrother at Melanie.Fairbrother@stpaulscary.org or 467-1477 ext. 10 to schedule your baptism class and baptism date. Instruction is usually the 1st Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Cry Room/Bride’s Room.
PAUL’S ANNUAL PICNIC: Everyone is invited to gather for St. Paul’s Annual Picnic on next Sunday, May 21. We will have two worship services, 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., with food service and picnic fun beginning immediately following the 10:00 a.m. service. The St. Paul’s Men’s group will provide hot dogs and hamburgers, as well as chips and dessert. Everyone is asked to bring a side dish to share. Children’s Ministries will be hosting a giant inflatable slide, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and other forms of fun for the children. This will be a wonderful way to kick off the summer, so please join us for food, fun, and fellowship!
- The 2016-2017 Children’s Collection Basket is collecting funds to host a Note in the Pocket Sort Day on June 4, 2017. So far, we have collected $2371.19 toward our $3000.00 goal. We have 2 more Sundays to make up the difference … Can you please help us reach our goal?
- Children’s Chapel will be held at both the 9:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. service today. Children ages 3 through 2nd grade are invited to follow the children’s cross processional to the Youth Wing. Children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- May 21 will be a fun day at St. Paul’s! Join us for the Picnic around 11:15am (remember the services are at 7:30am and 10:00am) and we will recognize our 5th graders at the 10am service! 5th grade parents-please email Christine Ingram if your 5th grader will be participating in the recognition.
- Mark your calendars for July 10-14, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon for our 2017 VBS, Abundance Orchard: Where Faith Grows! Registration forms are in the Narthex. We are also in need of parent volunteers to lead the story telling center, games center, and 3-year-old group. Participant registration forms are due May 15. We also need youth volunteers. Please contact Stacy Lyerly at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to help.
- Sunday School: No classes since it’s Mother’s Day.
- EYC Tonight 5:00-7:00 p.m.: No EYC – spend time with your mother!
- Middle School Boys Small Group May 16 & 23 from 6:00-7:00 p.m.: These are sessions just for middle school boys on the theme “Who Am I?” RSVP to Leah (email@example.com) by 5/15 if you can come.
- Taize Service: Thank you to everyone who helped make this a beautiful and spirit-filled service. We hope to schedule more in the future.