Third Sunday of the Month — Intro to St. Paul’s: If you are new to St. Paul’s and would like to know more about our community, join a member of the clergy next Sunday at the baptismal font – just inside the main entryway to the church – at 10:15 a.m. today for a short introduction to St. Paul’s and the Episcopal Church. We will take a brief tour of the church grounds and have plenty of time for questions and conversation.
SENIOR MINISTRY: The Senior Ministry invites you to join us for the 3:00 p.m. performance of It Shoulda Been You at the Theater in The Park on Sunday, June 24. The price of a group ticket is $23.60 (including tax) and should be turned into the church office by May 23. (If you write a check to the church, please put “play” in the memo line.) Katie Robinson will have the tickets and pass them out just prior to the performance. Parking is available at the theater, and there is additional parking next door at the Pullen Arts Center. If you wish to carpool, be at the church parking lot by 2:00 p.m. Afterwards we plan to gather about 5:30 p.m. for a meal at the 42nd Street Oyster Bar. Dinner will be at each person’s expense. You may RSVP with Jean Huey at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 919-303-5769. You can also use the Sign-Up Genius found on the St. Paul’s website.
ADULT FORMATION: Spiritual Practices in Daily Life, Sundays in the Chapel, 10:15-11:00 a.m. Join us as we explore spiritual practices that you can take home with you, as well as how our Sunday worship informs what we can do on our daily walk with God and our neighbors. Today, the Rev. George Adamik will lead the session, “Ignation Practices of Meditation.”
NEW PHOTO DIRETORY: In celebration of St. Paul’s upcoming 60th Anniversary, we have partnered with Lifetouch Portraits to create a new photo directory. The dates of the portrait sessions will be May 29th through June 2nd, and there will be some additional dates if needed. Each family / person that sits for a photo will receive a free 8×10 from Lifetouch. If you have any questions or would like to help with this fun exciting event, please contact Jill Cole at email@example.com or go to the St. Paul’s online signup link at https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/yclxe0ge/.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Youth Committee is hosting coffee hour in the Parish Hall following the 9:00 a.m. service today. Our Youth Program is a strong and integral part of our parish community, and its leaders generously offer their time to create an inviting, engaging, and inspirational environment for our youth. Please stop by to say thanks or perhaps to volunteer with this important ministry.
There will be no coffee hour next week. We hope you have a safe and happy memorial weekend with family and friends.
Ministry of Mothers Sharing (MOMS) is preparing two fall sessions: one for “Baby Moms” (infants through 5th graders) and one for “TNT Moms” (teens and tweens). The focus of MOMS is connection, support, and growth during the changes and challenges you will face on your motherhood journey. The groups will meet one evening per week for seven weeks starting in September and ending in October. See the website for more details as we get closer, and email Ann Lockhart at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the interested list or with any questions. Attention MOMS Alumni: we will be calling on you for logistical support, so watch your email. Thanks!
MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: Welcoming in Christ is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for May is “Music and the Arts as Expression of Faith.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to email@example.com.
RESILIENCE: THE BIOLOGY OF STRESS & THE SCIENCE OF HOPE: Resilience is a powerful movie about the long-term effects of childhood trauma – as well as exciting approaches to preventing or modifying these effects. All adults are invited to attend this showing of Resilience at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 3rd. Immediately after the movie, there will be a light dinner in the Parish Hall for those adults who have pre-registered. (RSVP by May 30 at: http://bit.ly/2KPSmVp. Also, see posts on the St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org) and in the flyer for the event. If you are unable to RSVP online, you can call the church office at 919-467-1477.) Please RSVP soon – space for the dinner and discussion is limited. The movie, dinner, discussion, and childcare are all FREE.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 3, 2018. We have collected $2554.72 toward our goal of $3000.00. We have 2 more Sundays to go…can you please help us make up the difference?
- Outreach at your back door! Join us on Sunday, June 3 at 10:10 a.m. in the Parish Hall for our Note in the Pocket Sort Day! This outreach event will last about one hour, and all ages and stages are welcome and needed! Please contact Christine Ingram to let her know if your family wants to participate. This is a great way to involve children of all ages in outreach!
- 5th Graders-we will be promoting you to Youth Ministries on June 3 at the 9:00 a.m. service. Please email Christine Ingram and let her know if you will take part in this promotion ceremony.
- Sunday School Teachers are needed for the 2018-19 School Year! We have openings in Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th grade. Please contact Christine Ingram for more information.
- VBS Registration is filling up! Registration forms are available in the Narthex and are due next Sunday, May 27, 2018. Adult and youth volunteers are needed-please contact Christine Ingram if you can help.
- Children’s Chapel will not be held next Sunday, May 27 due to the Memorial Holiday. We will return during the 9:00 a.m. service on June 3!
- Youth Sunday Today: Thank you to all the youth, parents, and volunteers who helped make this Sunday happen. As you look around and see the youth “taking over church” today, please remember two important things: 1) this is only a small sampling of their many gifts and talents, and 2) you, the parish, helped shape and form them. So, thank you.
- End-of-Year Church School Celebration Today 10:15 a.m.: All HS and MS youth and teachers please go to the Youth Wing for a special thank you for the teachers and celebration of a great year of Christian Formation.
- Middle School Mission Trip June 18-21: A few spots remain for rising 6th-8th graders to go to the Episcopal Farmworker’s Ministry to learn and serve. Contact Leah to sign up or get more information.