THANK YOU: Many thanks to all for helping me celebrate my ordination anniversary last Sunday. Your warm wishes and thoughts served to reinforce my vows and why I became a priest in the first place. You’re a wonderful faith community, and I feel privileged to be serving with you for a time. (Mother) Melanie
ASP: We need four adults to accompany our youth on the Appalachian Service Project from June 23rd through 29th. ASP is about building relationships and serving others beyond our local area. Our youth have responded enthusiastically with all the slots filled, but we must have enough adult volunteers to have two per van to Kentucky. Please consider this life-changing opportunity and contact Kevin Swann at email@example.com or 919-607-5913.
RISE AGAINST HUNGER Meal Packaging Event: Join us at a Rise Against Hunger meal packaging event on Sunday June 2nd from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. in the parish hall. Go to http://events.stophungernow.org/StPaulsCary to make a donation and register yourself (and family) for this fun, educational, highly-impactful event. Questions? Contact Brooke Mautz or Ramsey McIntire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW CHECK REQUEST FORM: If you need to be reimbursement check, please note our new due date. Requests are due Monday morning by 8:00 a.m. and disbursed by the following Monday. Check requests will be delayed if all information is not completed. Forms can be found on the website or in the Church Office in the mailbox.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: There is no coffee hour this week. We hope you enjoy a safe and happy memorial weekend with family and friends.
Next week the Newcomer Ministry will be providing refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 a.m. service. Please stop by to find out more about this important ministry. Visitors to St. Paul’s receive a loaf of homemade bread following their initial visit on Sunday morning. Perhaps you’d like to help by baking or delivering this special token of our welcome.
SUMMER SOLSTICE SOIRÉE: The Vestry of St. Paul’s invites you to a Summer Solstice Soirée Friday June 21 at Bass Lake Park from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. This is a chance to get together as adults for a relaxing evening of fun and fellowship. No agenda other than a good time. We are not providing childcare so those who often provide that service can be a part of our celebration as well – if you need help finding a sitter, please let us know. Questions can be addressed to Mary Kintz, Sr. Warden at email@example.com or to any vestry member. Please RSVP at http://evite.me/31ay5cJtNE.
ENDOWMENT BOARD FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE: The St. Paul’s Endowment Board is delighted to announce that funds are available to further St. Paul’s outreach efforts and to continue to beautify our grounds. We are indebted to those generous donors who lovingly gave gifts to St. Paul’s. Now we need to ensure that their generosity is cherished and celebrated. If you have a great idea for using these funds for an outreach project (approximately $1400 available) or a grounds beautification project (approximately $1800 available), we would love to hear from you! Endowment Grant Request forms are available on the website, or email Katie Bricio at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note that there are restrictions on exactly how these funds can be used. Please see the website for more information or ask Katie. Endowment Grant Request forms will be accepted through July 31, 2019.
• Children’s Chapel, for children ages 3yr-2nd grade, will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. service.
• Pre-EYC Parent Meeting – June 2nd: Parents of rising 4th-5th graders are welcome to join us on, following the 9:00 a.m. service. We will be discussing the transition of leadership for the fall of 2019.
• Pre-EYC Graduation: On Sunday, June 9, at the 9:00 a.m. service, we will graduate our 5th Graders to EYC. Please join us in this exciting transition!
• Note-in-the Pocket: Ever wonder where the money goes that our children so dutifully donate on Sundays? It goes to Note in the Pocket, an amazing organization providing clothing for families in need through Wake County Public School System. Our Note in the Pocket sort day is Sunday, June 9, following the 9:00 a.m. service. We need 50+ volunteers and this is a kid-friendly, family event.
• VBS June 17-21: REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED to May 28th. Join us for this sports-themed week as we explore some FUNdamentals of our Faith with lessons from the sports field. Forms are in the narthex, and may be returned in the manila envelope in the church narthex, via mail, or emailed to email@example.com.
• Youth Christian Formation: There are no more classes until the fall.
• No EYC Tonight
• Episcopal Farmworkers Trip June 17: We are going down for a day to learn about the EFwM and see what they do and where they are. We will also spend an evening with farmworkers at a local camp, including cooking dinner for them and sharing a meal. All ages are welcome, including parents. We will leave St. Paul’s at 10:30 a.m. and return around 10:30 p.m. The cost is $25.00. Registration and non-refundable payment are due by June 9th. Signup at http://bit.ly/2LZxsYU. If you have any questions, contact Leah.