CHURCH OFFICE is CLOSED Monday, May 28, and Friday, June 1.
- Children’s Chapel will not be held today due to the Memorial Day Holiday. We will return next Sunday, June 3 for the 9:00 a.m. service!
- VBS registration forms are due today. Forms are available in the Narthex and completed forms can be placed in the offering plates.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket needs just $338.65 to complete our goal of $3000 for the Note in the Pocket Sort Day! Today is our last collection day for the 2017-2018 school year. Can you please help us reach our goal?
- Outreach at your back door! Join us on Sunday, June 3 at 10:10 a.m. in the Parish Hall for our Note in the Pocket Sort Day! This outreach event will last about one hour, and all ages and stages are welcome and needed! Please contact Christine Ingram to let her know if your family wants to participate. This is a great way to involve children of all ages in outreach!
- Sunday School Teachers are needed for the 2018-19 school year! We have openings in Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th Please contact Christine Ingram for more information.
- Youth Sunday: Thank you to all the youth, parents, and volunteers who helped make Youth Sunday such a wonderful day. You are all such blessings.
- School’s out for the Summer: No Youth Christian Formation until September.
- No EYC Tonight.
- EYC June 3: Pool Party from 4-6 p.m. at Cary Swim Club.
- Middle School Mission Trip June 18-21: A few spots remain for rising 6th-8th graders to go to the Episcopal Farmworker’s Ministry to learn and serve. Contact Leah to sign up or get more information.
NEW PHOTO DIRECTORY: In celebration of St. Paul’s upcoming 60th Anniversary, we have partnered with Lifetouch Portraits to create a new photo directory. The dates of the portrait sessions will be May 29th through June 2nd, and there will be some additional dates if needed. Each family / person that sits for a photo will receive a free 8×10 from Lifetouch. If you have any questions or would like to help with this fun exciting event, please contact Jill Cole at email@example.com or go to the St. Paul’s online signup link at https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/yclxe0ge/.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS
There is no coffee hour this week. We hope you have a safe and happy memorial weekend with family and friends.
RESILIENCE: THE BIOLOGY OF STRESS & THE SCIENCE OF HOPE: Resilience is a powerful movie about the long-term effects of childhood trauma – as well as exciting approaches to preventing or modifying these effects. All adults are invited to attend this showing of Resilience at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 3rd. Immediately after the movie, there will be a light dinner in the Parish Hall for those adults who have pre-registered. (RSVP by May 30 at: http://bit.ly/2KPSmVp. Also, see posts on the St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org) and in the flyer for the event. If you are unable to RSVP online, you can call the church office at 919-467-1477.) Please RSVP soon – space for the dinner and discussion is limited. The movie, dinner, discussion, and childcare are all FREE.
MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: Welcoming in Christ is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for May is “Music and the Arts as Expression of Faith.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|SUMMER SCHEDULE BEGINS TODAY, SUNDAY, May 27: Service times during the summer will be 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., and 10:45 a.m. Kids’ Club will open at 8:45 a.m. until 12:00 noon, except on Confirmation Sunday, June 17. (See below.)|
|CONFIRMATION ON SUNDAY, JUNE 17. Service times for the Bishop’s visit will revert to 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., and 11:15 a.m. The Rt. Rev. Anne Elliott Hodges-Copple, Bishop Suffragan of North Carolina, will join us on June 17 to confirm and receive new members.|
Ministry of Mothers Sharing (MOMS) is preparing two fall sessions: one for “Baby Moms” (infants through 5th graders) and one for “TNT Moms” (teens and tweens). The focus of MOMS is connection, support, and growth during the changes and challenges you will face on your motherhood journey. The groups will meet one evening per week for seven weeks starting in September and ending in October. See the website for more details as we get closer, and email Ann Lockhart at email@example.com to get on the interested list or with any questions. Attention MOMS Alumni: we will be calling on you for logistical support, so watch your email. Thanks!