UPCOMING EYC Events:. Regular meeting on Nov 3rd & prepare for our lock-in, Nov 9th. We will put up the Christmas tree as well as having fun and games. Youth will attend the 7:30am service together on Sunday, probably in pajamas. EYC will NOT meet Nov 10th.
SAVE THE DATE! Our Babysitting Fundraiser will be Dec 12th from 5:30-8:30! Let our youth entertain your children with planned activities, games and crafts while you go out.
Youth will stay afterwards for midnight bowling and another lock-in. We’ll complete it with breakfast and be ready to be picked up at 9am.
MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS AND COFFEE HOUR: The Communications Committee will host coffee hour. This committee works to keep us informed about the many activities of our parish through the website, newsletter, Sunday bulletins, narthex monitor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, podcasts, and more.
Sunday: Join us at 10:10 a.m. in the chapel as the Rev. George Adamik leads a discussion of “Genesis”, part of our fall series, Roots Down: Exploring through the Old Testament and the Monastic Tradition. We will examine creation of the laws and covenants, and the core principles on which the Old Testament is based.
Wednesday: Please join us Wednesday, Oct 23 at 7:00-8:00 p.m., in the youth wing to view and discuss A Quiet Passion, a five-part video series on Emily Dickinson’s life lead by George Van Arnam. For Dickinson, words are more than marks on paper; they shimmer with revelations. Her poetry speaks to the restless heart of many who seek to draw nearer to the God beyond creeds and sermons.
Women’s Study Group: Evening or Weekend section? There is some interest in starting a section of the Women’s Study Group that would meet on weekends or an evening during the week. If you are interested in this, please email Aubrey Comperatore at email@example.com. If there is interest, she will convene a meeting to determine the best day and time.
Fall Blood Drive: On Wednesday, November 6th, we will be having a fall blood drive in collaboration with our neighbors, Cary Presbyterian Church. The collection will be in their fellowship hall from 2:00 – 7:00 p.m. The Blood Collection non-profit will provide a $10 “grant’ for each donor that we have registered thru their faith formation program. Not only could you possibly give the gift of life up to 3 people, but you can also have $10 donated to the church! Please go to The Blood Connection website and click on the donate button. You will need to put in the date of the drive to find it. It will be under Cary Presbyterian. Volunteers are also needed to assist in greeting donors and working in the canteen. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Lisa Walt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stewardship Update: St. Paul’s Vision 2020 campaign for the operating budget is underway! As we work, walk, seek, welcome, and care together for a better world, we begin that journey in our little corner at St. Paul’s. Wherever you are in your giving journey, start right there and step forward, in faith. Your commitment in the form of a pledge allows us to plan for the future and grow all the amazing programs and ministries we’re so fortunate to offer at St. Paul’s. Extra pledge forms available in the Narthex. You may also go to stpaulscary.org to pledge.
The Care & Share team would like to make parishioners aware of a new resource.
The Loss of Spouse Group hosted by the Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church is open to community members who have lost their spouse within the past 3 years. The group meets twice a month – for dinner at a local restaurant, and for a monthly discussion group meeting. For more information, please contact Margie Best at 919-303-3830 or email@example.com or Melonie Wigley at 919-264-4401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARTS AND CRAFTS FESTIVAL: The Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach will take place on Saturday, November 9, and we need your help in all areas! We have easy, fun, two-hour shifts. We also welcome your donations of homemade baked goods for our bake sale and new, handmade items for the St. Paul’s Table. Please check our website (stpaulscary.org/festival) for more information and for the links to sign up.
FALL ASP CHORE DAY: Sat, Nov 16 8am-noon. Need some help clearing those leaves? Maybe some help in the yard or even washing your car! ASP volunteers are here to help. To help fund our mission trip this year, we would like to help you with some chores. We will fit in as many jobs as we can but it is a first come first served! Contact Susannah Vitaglione at susannahv@gmail or (919) 619-5103 if you would like to hire some ASP youth volunteers. (Please keep in mind that we won’t be using dangerous machinery or pick out poison ivy.)
Fellowship Events Team Meeting:
The Fellowship Events Team is having a meeting on Sunday, October 27th at 12:30 in the Conference Room. New members are welcome to join us. We look forward to seeing you there.
- There is Children’s Chapel today for children ages 3 yr. – 2nd grade at the 9:00 a.m. service.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is collecting money for Rise Against Hunger. We have collected $499 toward our $3400 goal.
- Sunday School begins at 10:10 a.m. in the education building. We still need one more teacher! If you’re interested in teaching, please email us at email@example.com.
- The Halloween Carnival will take place today from 5:00-7:00 p.m. This fabulous event is being sponsored by Children’s Ministries and EYC and will feature a chili cook-off, hot dogs and sides, bounce houses, pumpkin contests, and trunk-or-treating. This is a parish-wide event, so bring the whole family. Costumes are encouraged!
- Join us for Christian Formation this morning from 10:15-11:00 a.m. High School meets in Room 10 Middle School meets in the youth wing.
- Halloween Carnival: Join the youth on October 20th as they bring back Trunk or Treat in addition to our pumpkin decorating contest following chili, hot dogs and sides! So, bring your decorated trunks and your already-carved, dressed, or decorated pumpkin with its candle in/sunglasses on. We will have a contest to see who has the Scariest, Prettiest, and most Creative pumpkin.
- Pre-EYC: Join us forReverse Trick-or-Treating at Glenaire on Sunday, Oct 27. Meet at 10:10am in the Parish Hall. Wear Your Costume. Lunch to follow; pick up at 1pm. Questions? Contact Sara Concini, firstname.lastname@example.org.