MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS AND COFFEE HOUR: Dorcas Ministries is hosting coffee hour in the Parish Hall following the 9:00 a.m. service today. This local organization provides affordable clothing, food, training and tools for self-sufficiency to those in need. Stop by to enjoy coffee and refreshments and perhaps learn how to volunteer in the Dorcas Thrift Shop.
Next week the Men’s Group will be hosting coffee hour. This group fosters fellowship while providing various service projects and activities for the parish, including Lobster Fest, Men’s Beach Week, and food for the Parish Picnic and Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper.
Sunday: Contemplative living is a process—a lifelong process. All it takes is a desire to live more intentionally, more reflectively, more attuned to our lives in God. Through contemplative awareness, we can become open and present to the mystery of God in the midst of everyday life. Join Lanny Wase today, at 10:10 a.m. in the chapel as she facilitates The Everyday Contemplative Life.
Wednesday: Please join us Wednesday, October 9, 7:00-8:00 p.m., in the Youth Wing as we continue our series based on Adam Hamilton’s DVD and book, Moses: The Reluctant Prophet, Chapter 4, “The Ten Commandments.” Hamilton describes Moses as “the single most important figure in the Hebrew Bible” (the Old Testament), and “for Christians, Moses’ life serves as the backdrop for much that is found in the Gospels.” We’ll retrace the route of the Exodus and reflect on what we can learn from Moses to apply in our own lives.
THE CARE & SHARE team would like to make parishioners aware of new resources.
- The Loss of Spouse Group hosted by the Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church is open to community members who have lost their spouse within the past 3 years. The group meets twice a month – for dinner at a local restaurant, and for a monthly discussion group meeting. For more information, please contact: Margie Best at 919-303-3830 or email@example.com or Melonie Wigley at 919-264-4401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Dementia Caregiver Support Summit will take place Saturday, October 19, 2019 at Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church, 200 High Meadow Drive, Cary. The free event is from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon. If you are a caregiver for someone with dementia, learn more about dementia and strategies to best support your loved one. Visit vendor tables and register for free gifts. For questions, call Always Best Care at 919-724-4297. Margie Best at 919-303-3830 or Melonie Wigley at 919-264-4401 may also answer questions.
GREETERS NEEDED: Join the greeter ministry at St. Paul’s. Greeters are the initial point of contact to visitors and newcomers making them feel welcome at St. Paul’s. If you would like to be a part of this exciting and valuable ministry, please contact Karen Smith at (919) 360-1469 or email@example.com.
DORCAS MINISTRIES AND WHEELS4HOPE are sponsoring a free, hands-on, basic Car Care class. St. Paul’s members are welcome to attend. The class will be held in the Dorcas parking lot on Monday, October 14th starting at 6:00 p.m. Topics will include how to check fluids and tires, how to change a tire, car safety, interior and exterior care, using a maintenance schedule, and how to save money on car repair. This will be an interactive, hands on class, so be prepared to get a little dirty and have some fun! Instructor for the class will be Mike Sweeney from St. Paul’s. Please call Dorcas at 919-469-9861 ext. 204 to register.
WOMEN’S STUDY GROUP: Join us Tuesday, October 8 at 12:00 noon in the Bride’s Room. We will be discussing the book, The Choice: Embrace the Possible, by Dr. Edith Eva Eger. Please contact Joyce Loughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Next month’s book is Where’d You Go Bernadette, by Maria Semple on November 12.
Evening or Weekend section? There is some interest in starting a section of the Women’s Study Group that would meet on weekends or an evening during the week. If you are interested in this, please email Aubrey Comperatore at email@example.com. If there are several ladies who would like this, she will convene a meeting to determine the best day and time.
ARTS AND CRAFTS FESTIVAL: Do you have a hobby? Painting, ceramics, quilting, woodworking, something else? The Arts & Crafts Festival is looking for donations of new, handmade items to sell at the St. Paul’s Table. The Festival will take place on Saturday, November 9, with proceeds going to outreach ministries. If you have items to donate, please contact Sally Moller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS is today at 1:00 p.m. in the courtyard. All friendly, leashed/contained pets are welcome.
- There is Children’s Chapel today for children ages 3 yr. – 2nd grade at the 9:00 a.m. service.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is collecting money for Rise Against Hunger. We have collected $396.77 toward our $3400 goal.
- Sunday School begins at 10:10 a.m. in the education building. We still need one more teacher! If you’re interested in teaching, please email us at email@example.com.
- The Halloween Carnival will take place on October 20th from 5-7 p.m. This fabulous event is being sponsored by Children’s Ministries and EYC and will feature a chili cook-off, hot dogs and sides, bounce houses, pumpkin contests and trunk-or-treating. This is a parish-wide event, so bring the whole family. Costumes welcome! Sign up for chili contest and other food items here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050A4FAEAB2DA4F85-halloween
- Join us for Christian Formation this morning from 10:15-11:00 a.m. High School meets in Room 10 Middle School meets in the Youth Wing.
- Episcopal Youth Community (EYC) will meet this afternoon from 5:00-7:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing.
- Join the youth for the Halloween Carnival on October 20th. We are bringing back Trunk or Treat in addition to our pumpkin decorating contest following chili, hot dogs and sides! So, bring your decorated trunks and your already carved, dressed, or decorated pumpkin with its candle in/sunglasses on. We will have a contest to see who has the Scariest, Prettiest, and most Creative pumpkin. More details coming soon.