Spring Break is almost here! I hope that all our traditional schedule families have a wonderful break and enjoy some special time together.
There is a lot to read this week, but please do your best to make it through the whole email…Easter Egg Hunt Instructions are included!!!!
- Last call for Communion Class Registration Forms! They are due this Sunday, April 1. Classes begin on April 15. Information about those classes will be emailed to the registered participants the week of April 8. All Baptized Children ages 1st grade and up are welcome to participate. Communion Class Registration Forms are attached – Click HERE.
- VBS Registration Forms-VBS starts in 82 days! Registration is filling up but we still have room for all ages of children (age 3 and up) and for Youth Volunteers. We also REALLY need Storytellers, a Craft Center Co-Leader and a Snack Center Leader. Please let me know if you can assist in any of those areas. VBS Participant Registration Forms are attached – click HERE.
Note in the Pocket
Please remember that we are collecting new and gently used clothing for Note in the Pocket. We will have the collection bin in the collection area through April 15, 2018. If you are cleaning out the closets over the break, please consider donating your gently used outgrown or no longer needed clothing (all sizes, genders, including adult sizes)! New socks and undies (all sizes and genders, including adult) are welcome, too!
- Good Friday Service 10am on Friday-Specifically for children and their families (Kid’s Club is open during this service). This Stations of the Cross service will be hosted by Father George. Please gather in the Sanctuary at 10am-the service usually lasts about 30-45 minutes.
- A reminder that there is no Children’s Chapel or Sunday School this Sunday, Easter Day.
- EASTER EGG HUNT is this Sunday (no Sunday School) and the weather should be beautiful! We will start the egg hunts, beginning with the youngest children, at about 10:30.
Children should gather in the following areas:
- Age 4 and Under-Kid’s Club Area (outside)
- Age 5-1st Grade-Grass field behind Youth Wing
- 2nd-3rd Grade-Parking lot side of Playground
- 4th-5th Grade-Far side of the Playground
Please do not start hunting until you are officially started by me (I will ring a bell)! We will start the groups, one at a time, beginning with the little ones. Please wait patiently in your area for your group to be started. The Easter eggs are EMPTY (like the tomb!), please do not try to open them. Children can collect 20 eggs or one egg. Once the hunt is finished in your area, the children should go to the Courtyard to return their empty eggs and trade them in for a bag of treats! Thank you to everyone that was able to donate candy!!!
- Mite Boxes-Please remember to bring your Mite Boxes on Sunday! All Mite Box contributions will go toward our Note in the Pocket Donation.
In sum, on Sunday morning, please bring:
- Your wonderful children!
- Your Easter Baskets
- Your Mite Boxes
- Your clothing donation for Note in the Pocket
- A treat for Coffee Hour. If you can bring a treat, please sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094da4a623a4f58-2018
|Mar. 30||Good Friday Service for Families 10am|
|Apr. 1||Easter Egg Hunt 10:30am/No Children’s Chapel/No Sunday School/Note in the Pocket Collection|
|Apr. 8||Spring Break Sunday-No Sunday School/Note in the Pocket Collection|
|Apr. 14-15||Pre-EYC Retreat|
|Apr. 15||Communion Class #1/Last Day for Note in the Pocket Clothing Collection|
|Apr. 22||Communion Class #2|
|Apr. 29||Communion Class #3/Pre-EYC Meets for Year End Celebration Picnic!|
|May. 6||Communion Celebration 9am Service|
|May. 13||Mother’s Day|
|May. 27||No Children’s Chapel|
|June. 3||5th Grade Recognition/Note in the Pocket Sort Day|
|July. 1||No Children’s Chapel|
|July. 8||No Children’s Chapel|
|Aug. 26||Backpack Blessings 9am Service|
|Sept. 9||Sunday School Resumes|
|Sept. 16||60th Anniversary Celebration|
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about Children’s Ministries.
See you on Sunday!
Christine Owens Ingram, SPHR
Parish Administrator and Director of Children’s Ministries
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
221 Union Street
Cary, NC 27511
(919) 467-1477 ext. 19