What’s Happening in Children’s Ministries (Feb 24, 2019)
I apologize for my email issues from last week. Here’s hoping this email gets to you and not in your spam folder!
• The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. So far we have collected $1580.79 toward our $3000 goal!
• Children’s Chapel will be held Sunday at the 9am worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after the Collect.
• Clergy Led Chapel will be held Sunday at the 9am worship service and is open to all children in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. Meet Father Carr at the door to the courtyard after the Collect.
• Sunday School (Children’s Formation) continues Sunday at 10:10am in the Education Building.
• Communion Classes (ages 1st grade and up) continue on Sunday. The children will meet Father Carr on the kitchen side of the Youth Wing at 10:10am.
• VBS will be happening June 17-21, 2019! Be on the look out for registration forms and more information coming soon!
Children’s Ministries is getting ready to do a few collections-most of them are outreach, with one in-reach…our Easter Egg Hunt! Please read below on ways you can help.
- Birthday Boxes-Pre-EYC will be making Dorcas Food Pantry Birthday Boxes at their April 7, 2019 meeting. For these boxes we will be collecting birthday party items for children ages 8-10 and we need supplies to host a simple birthday party for 8-10 guests. We need cups, plates, napkins, wrapping paper, cake mix and frosting, candles, banners, decorations, party favors and a gift for the Birthday child! If you can donate any of these items, please bring them to the church office. We would love to be able to make 4 birthday boxes-2 boys and 2 girls, ages 8-10.
- Mite Boxes-The Lenten mite box tradition will continue in 2019. Encouraging the use of mite boxes is one way to instruct children (of all ages!) about God’s call to Stewardship. Mite Boxes will be available at the Pancake Supper and in Sunday School classrooms. Mite Boxes will be turned in on Easter Sunday morning. All funds collected in the this year’s Mite boxes will be donated to our Note in the Pocket Sort Day collection.
- Easter Candy Donations Needed-Easter is on it’s way and that means it is almost time for our Annual Easter Egg hunt! We will be using the same process as last year, where we hide empty eggs for the children to hunt. Children can collect one egg or 100 eggs….all eggs will be turned in to the egg hunt collection area in the Courtyard, where the children will receive a bag of treats in exchange for their egg or eggs. But, we need your help with donations of nut free candy and other small Easter trinkets (stickers, etc.) to put in the treat bags. Donations are needed by April 7 and can be brought to the church office or given to Christine Ingram.
- Note in the Pocket Socks and Undies Drive March 10-April 14-We are beginning our final Note in the Pocket collection for the 2018-2019 school year. Note in the Pocket provides clothing to impoverished and homeless children in Wake County. We will have our Note in the Pocket collection bin in the Outreach collection area March 10 through April 14. All gently used (and new) clothing is welcome-boys, girls, adults, babies, children, etc. Socks and underwear must be new. If a request for clothing comes in, Note in the Pocket will try to provide clothing for the entire family. So, please, take a look at your clothes and your children’s clothes and see if there is anything that is too small or not needed for Spring and Summer and consider donating to Note in the Pocket. We can provide tax donation forms if needed.
March 3 Communion Celebration Sanctuary 9am
March 5 Pancake Supper Parish Hall 5-7pm
March 6 Ash Wednesday Services for Families Sanctuary 6:00pm
March 9 Murder Mystery Dinner Parish Hall
March 10 Pajama Sunday/Daylight Savings Sanctuary 9am
Pre-EYC Meeting 11:15am-1:00pm(Playground Cleanup) Parish Hall
Mar.10-Apr. 14 Spring Clothing Drive NITP Sanctuary
March 17 Clergy-Led Chapel for grades 3-5 Sanctuary 9am
March 22 ASP Spaghetti Supper Parish Hall
March 23-24 Pre-EYC Retreat
April 7 Pre-EYC Meeting 11:15am-1:00pm Parish Hall
April 14 Palm Sunday/No Sunday School
April 19 Good Friday/Stations of the Cross Sanctuary 10am
April 21 Easter Egg Hunt Campus 10:30am
April 28 Last Pre-EYC Meeting (Welcome Rising 4th Graders)
May 5 Last Day of Sunday School
June 9 5th Grade Promotion Sanctuary 9am
Note in the Pocket Sort Day Parish Hall 9am
June 17-21 VBS
See you on Sunday!
Christine Owens Ingram, SPHR
Parish and Human Resources Administrator
Director of Children’s Ministries