Welcome to Lent. I hope you and your families will have an opportunity to come to one of our Ash Wednesday Services today (12pm, 6pm-for children and their families and 7pm).
This email is FULL of information, so please take a minute to review it when you are able.
- 2019 VBS-Come play with us and learn “FUNdamentals of Faith” at our Sports themed VBS. Registration forms are attached to this email. Please note that Registration forms are due by May 1. We need lots of youth and adult volunteers, so please be sure to let me know if you will be able to help.
- This Sunday is Spring FORWARD Sunday and while we lose an hour of sleep, we can wear PJs to church! Adults are welcome (and encouraged) to wear their PJs, too.
- This Sunday is also Scout Sunday: St. Paul’s will recognize the citizenship and volunteer efforts of all Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Cub Scouts at the 9:00 a.m. service. Contact Kathleen Neff (Kathleen@trioptimum.com) or Julia Rudy at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Theater: Saturday, March 9, 6:30 p.m.-A great idea for a date night! RSVPs are due tomorrow
The St. Paul’s Youth Ministry is proud to produce yet another tantalizing murder mystery designed to intrigue and entertain you. This year we will be performing “The Dead Man’s Chest.” Our mystery takes place in 1857 in New Orleans at a Mardi Gras Ball. We predict mayhem and murder will be on the table! Come help discover who done it. Tickets are $20.00 per person and there will also be a wine cash bar. Proceeds will go towards Youth Mission trips. Childe care is available, please indicate childcare needs in your RSVP. Please RSVP at: http://bit.ly/2IrH4K2
- Note in the Pocket Donations-The Note in the Pocket donation is back and will be here through April 14. All gently used (and new) clothing is welcome-boys, girls, adults, babies, children, etc. Socks and underwear must be new. If a request for clothing comes in, Note in the Pocket will try to provide clothing for the entire family. So, please, take a look at your clothes and your children’s clothes and see if there is anything that is too small or not needed for Spring and Summer and consider donating to Note in the Pocket. We can provide tax donation forms if needed.
- Birthday Boxes-Pre-EYC will be making Dorcas Food Pantry Birthday Boxes at their April 7, 2019 meeting. For these boxes we will be collecting birthday party items for children ages 8-10 and we need supplies to host a simple birthday party for 8-10 guests. We need cups, plates, napkins, wrapping paper, cake mix and frosting, candles, banners, decorations, party favors and a gift for the Birthday child! If you can donate any of these items, please bring them to the church office. We would love to be able to make 4 birthday boxes-2 boys and 2 girls, ages 8-10.
- Mite Boxes-The Lenten mite box tradition will continue in 2019. Encouraging the use of mite boxes is one way to instruct children (of all ages!) about God’s call to Stewardship. Mite Boxes are available in the Narthex. Mite Boxes will be turned in on Easter Sunday morning. All funds collected in the this year’s Mite boxes will be donated to our Note in the Pocket Sort Day collection.
- Easter Candy Donations Needed-Easter is on it’s way and that means it is almost time for our Annual Easter Egg hunt! We will be using the same process as last year, where we hide empty eggs for the children to hunt. Children can collect one egg or 100 eggs….all eggs will be turned in to the egg hunt collection area in the Courtyard, where the children will receive a bag of treats in exchange for their egg or eggs. But, we need your help with donations of nut free candy and other small Easter trinkets (stickers, etc.) to put in the treat bags. Donations are needed by April 7 and can be brought to the church office or given to Christine Ingram.
Other Children’s News
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. So far we have collected $1737.30 toward our $3000 goal!
- Children’s Chapel will be held Sunday at the 9am worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after the Collect.
- Sunday School (Children’s Formation) continues Sunday at 10:10am in the Education Building. The lesson this week is Zacchaeus.
March 9 Murder Mystery Dinner Parish Hall
March 10 Pajama Sunday/Daylight Savings Sanctuary 9am
Pre-EYC Meeting 11:15am-1:00pm(Playground Cleanup) Parish Hall
Mar.10-Apr. 14 Spring Clothing Drive NITP Sanctuary
March 17 Clergy-Led Chapel for grades 3-5 Sanctuary 9am
March 22 ASP Spaghetti Supper Parish Hall
March 23-24 Pre-EYC Retreat
April 7 Pre-EYC Meeting 11:15am-1:00pm Parish Hall
April 14 Palm Sunday/No Sunday School
April 19 Good Friday/Stations of the Cross Sanctuary 10am
April 21 Easter Egg Hunt Campus 10:30am
April 28 Last Pre-EYC Meeting (Welcome Rising 4th Graders)
May 5 Last Day of Sunday School
June 9 5th Grade Promotion Sanctuary 9am
Note in the Pocket Sort Day Parish Hall 9am
See you on Sunday-
Christine Owens Ingram, SPHR
Parish and Human Resources Administrator
Director of Children’s Ministries