I hope you are having a great week. Spring is coming! Yay!
As we are settling into the Lenten Season, please remember we have some ways you can “do” things, rather than “do without” things.
- You can clean out your closets and donate gently used clothing. Our Note in the Pocket Bin has returned and is located in the Outreach Donation area! All gently used (and new) clothing is welcome-boys, girls, adults, babies, children, etc. Socks and underwear must be new. If a request for clothing comes in, Note in the Pocket will try to provide clothing for the entire family. So, please, take a look at your clothes and your children’s clothes and see if there is anything that is too small or not needed for Spring and Summer and consider donating to Note in the Pocket. We can provide tax donation forms if needed.
- You can help provide a birthday party for children in need. Pre-EYC will be making Dorcas Food Pantry Birthday Boxes at their April 7, 2019 meeting. For these boxes we will be collecting birthday party items for children ages 8-10 and we need supplies to host a simple birthday party for 8-10 guests. We need cups, plates, napkins, wrapping paper, cake mix and frosting, candles, banners, decorations, party favors and a gift for the Birthday child! If you can donate any of these items, please bring them to the church office. We would love to be able to make 4 birthday boxes-2 boys and 2 girls, ages 8-10
- You can collect coins in your Mite Box from doing chores or good deeds! The Lenten mite box tradition will continue in 2019. Encouraging the use of mite boxes is one way to instruct children (of all ages!) about God’s call to Stewardship. Mite Boxes are available in the Narthex. Mite Boxes will be turned in on Easter Sunday morning. All funds collected in the this year’s Mite boxes will be donated to our Note in the Pocket Sort Day collection.
Other Children’s News
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. So far we have collected $1784.72 toward our $3000 goal!
- Children’s Chapel will be held Sunday at the 9am worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after the Collect.
- Clergy Led Chapel (children in 3rd-5th Grade) will be held Sunday at the 9am worship service. Please meet Father Javier at the door to the courtyard after the Collect.
- Sunday School (Children’s Formation) continues Sunday at 10:10am in the Education Building. We are beginning our lessons leading to Easter…this week is Jesus arrives in Jerusalem.
- Easter Candy-we are accepting donations of individually wrapped, nut-free Easter Candy for our Easter Egg Hunt. Please bring donations to the bin in the Donation Area or to Christine Ingram. Thank you!
- Our “FUNdamentals of Faith” Sports Themed VBS will be happening June 17-21, 2019! Registration forms are in the Narthex and here:
2019 VBS Registration Forms . Completed registration forms are due by May 1. We need lots of youth and adult volunteers, so please be sure to let me know if you will be able to help.
Mar.10-Apr. 14 Spring Clothing Drive NITP Outreach Collection Area
March 17 Clergy-Led Chapel for grades 3-5 Sanctuary 9am
March 22 ASP Spaghetti Supper Parish Hall
March 23-24 Pre-EYC Retreat
April 7 Pre-EYC Meeting 11:15am-1:00pm Parish Hall
April 14 Palm Sunday/No Sunday School
April 19 Good Friday/Stations of the Cross Sanctuary 10am
April 21 Easter Egg Hunt Campus 10:30am
April 28 Last Pre-EYC Meeting (Welcome Rising 4th Graders)
May 5 Last Day of Sunday School
June 9 5th Grade Promotion Sanctuary 9am
Note in the Pocket Sort Day Parish Hall 9am
See you on Sunday-
Christine Owens Ingram, SPHR
Parish and Human Resources Administrator
Director of Children’s Ministries