We continue to observe all local and diocesan pandemic guidelines during in-person gatherings at St. Paul’s. For the most up-to-date information about youth events, please check out the youth updates on the main page of the website. If you have any questions, please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Ministry at St. Paul’s strives to provide a supportive environment where young people can explore their faith while discovering the riches of our Episcopal tradition and the gifts that they themselves possess. We strive to create an environment that is as engaging and inspiring as it is safe for the teenagers and adults who participate in it. We hope that this is a place where the youth of St. Paul’s can share their common and uncommon experiences with one another, and where they will feel supported and nurtured by the St. Paul’s community.
Youth programming has several components. Our two biggest programs are Sunday School and EYC (Episcopal Youth Community). Due to the pandemic, our programming is subject to change. Please see the main page of the website for the most up-to-date information on youth events.
- Sunday School meets on Sundays from 10:10-11:00 a.m. There are two classes: one for Middle School youth (grades 6-8) and one for High School (grades 9-12). Both classes use the Episcopal Curriculum for Youth from Virginia Theological Seminary and other materials reviewed and approved by St. Paul’s clergy.
- EYC (Episcopal Youth Community) meets on Sunday evenings from 5:00-7:00 p.m. The Middle School and High School youth generally meet separately but come together for devotions, music, and dinner. There is a combination of fun, fellowship, and faith at EYC.
Other Programming Highlights
- Acolytes – provide assistance and leadership in Sunday worship.
- Confirmation Classes – Confirmation is a sacramental rite of the Episcopal Church in which teenagers and adults affirm the covenant made on their behalf in Baptism. We offer Confirmation classes every year to all teenagers who are at least in the ninth grade and who have not yet been confirmed.
- Diocesan Events – these are held throughout the year for youth in the Diocese. Look for regular updates for more information.
- Mission Trips & Pilgrimages – trips offered to work with various communities to do service, outreach, and grow spiritually. Trip may include a High School Spring Break Pilgrimage, Middle School Mission, and Appalachia Service Project.
- GoDo – this is an outreach group performing service in the community throughout the year.
- Volunteering – help provided by youth in many areas of Parish life.
- Youth Music – there are both vocal and hand bell choirs for grades 6-12.
- Appalachia Service Project (ASP) – ASP is a life-changing experience offered to rising 9th graders through graduating high school seniros. Each year St. Paul’s travels into the heart of Appalachia to rebuild houses and lives amid some of the poorest areas of the country. You can read more on the ASP page on our website.
Safe Church policies establish and maintain standards intended to ensure that faith communities are safe places where all of God’s people are loved and encouraged to grow into the people God calls us to be. These policies provide specific recommendations, best practices, and guidelines that seek to protect children, youth, and vulnerable adults. St. Paul’s requires clergy, staff and volunteers working on a regular basis with children to comply with Safe Church training.
The Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina offers Safe Church training, required for individuals who are working closely with children.
Find and register for an upcoming Safe Church training offered by the Diocese of North Carolina.
Read the diocesan youth ministry department’s “Best Practices for Safe Church: Policy, Procedures & Resources.“
- Registration: https://form.jotform.com/82118970270153
- Medical Release: https://bit.ly/2PyEscb
- Covenant: https://goo.gl/Y7vhm6
- Registration: https://form.jotform.com/82515001002132
- Medical Release: https://form.jotform.com/82515068502150
- Covenant: https://goo.gl/rw47ed
EYC Advisors, EYC Dinners, Christian Formation Leaders:
Due to the pandemic, our programs are observing strict in-person guidelines. All volunteers at youth events must be vaccinated. For more information, please email email@example.com.