For the second summer in a row, St. Paul’s will partner with other Cary congregations to provide enrichment programming and healthy meals for families in our local community during the break from traditional school. You can read about last year’s successful summer here.
- This half-day program (9-1) is held at The Kirk of Kildaire, and our designated day for volunteers is Tuesdays. (Volunteers do NOT need to commit for all nine weeks; they can sign up for whatever week(s) work for their schedule.)
- This opportunity allows entire families to volunteer together. It is a great source of service hours and references for teenagers, and parent volunteers can bring their children to participate with the kids in camp. This offers a wonderful experience for all!
- Spanish-skills are not required. Volunteers are encouraged to eat with the children to work on language skills. Free healthy food is provided for everyone.
- Volunteers can choose their date(s) and which age group or activity they’d like to volunteer with: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b4fa5aa28a6fb6-2022
- All volunteers and all participants (over age 5) must be vaccinated.
This is a great way to address community needs, and have fun with a great group of people — volunteers, participants and VISTA associates alike. Questions? Contact Lynn Tovar at firstname.lastname@example.org.