Dear ONE Wake at St. Paul’s:
As you know, the pandemic’s economic effects are enormous. Wake County’s Board of Commissioners will be meeting Monday night to consider measures to address the situation. ONE Wake asks you to show support for two proposals that will ensure that the County listens not only to banks and builders and landlords, but also to renters, residents, and those at risk of losing their homes. All voices need to be at the table when large amounts of federal dollars come into Wake County.
Detailed information about the two proposals can be found here:
- Allocating federal funds to Wake Prevent! as described in this letter.
- Adopting the House Wake Strategic Plan.
Because of the pandemic, we cannot attend the meeting in person to show our support for the proposals. Instead, please make a public comment to the Commissioners. Here’s how you do that:
- On Monday, May 4, 2020, between 9:00 a.m. and noon, go to this site to make a public comment. (Site is not open for commenting until Monday at 9:00 a.m.)
- You may make whatever comment you like, of course, but a highly-recommended comment go-by can be found at this link. It will take you only moments to cut-and-paste it into the County’s website on Monday!
- Finally, if you can commit to making this comment on Monday, can you jot your name down at this link? That way we won’t have to call you to follow up!
More information can be found at onewake.org.
On behalf of all of our Wake County neighbors, THANK YOU.