Worshipping. Serving. Growing in Faith.
The three facets of Christian discipleship and our Parish Mission Statement—how we gather to pray, how we reach out to our neighbors in loving service, and how we nurture the spiritual growth of all God’s children through our formation activities from childhood into adulthood—form the backbone of our common life. These will be highlighted throughout the coming year through our website and social media.
Please read on for just a few examples of the working of these principles in our parish life. None of this would be possible without the financial support of our parishioners. Please prayerfully consider pledging your support for our faith community’s growing needs. As we continue to emerge from the pandemic, we can look forward in 2023 to renewing our commitment to the three pillars of our Parish Mission Statement.
Please visit www.stpaulscary.org/pledge to submit your 2023 pledge by November 6, 2022.
As We Worship
- Beginning in September, we resumed full in-person worship with St. Paul’s Choir singing at our 9:00 a.m. service and The Voices of St. Paul’s leading our congregational singing at the 11:15.
- Our lay ministers—Lectors, Eucharistic Ministers, Acolytes, Altar Guild and Ushers—are enriching our worship.
- In person attendance is increasing and newcomers are joining us every week.
- Visiting Eucharistic Ministers continue to take communion to parishioners at home.
- Our weekday Morning Prayer gathers nearly 100 each day for virtual prayer.
- Worship Services are offered at local Senior Living Communities.
As We Serve
- The Appalachia Service Project (ASP) returned with many new participants, and plans are under way for summer of 2023.
- We recently participated in a Habitat For Humanity house build right here in Cary.
- We look forward to St. Nicholas Day in December and Hermano Day next Spring.
- Our Refuge for Refugee ministry continues to support the families we have welcomed.
- Through ONE Wake we continue to work to improve access to affordable housing.
- Our Care and Share Ministry provides a rich variety of pastoral care to members of our parish.
- Through your generosity to clergy discretionary funds thousands of dollars are distributed to address basic needs such as eviction prevention and utility bill assistance.
As We Grow in Faith Together
- Our Children’s Formation through the Preschool, Sunday School, and Children’s Chapel are underway with Vacation Bible School to follow in the Summer of 2023.
- Youth Formation through Pre-EYC, EYC, and other fellowship activities has resumed.
- Adult Formation through regular Sunday offerings, Seasonal Offerings, and Weekday Evening Offerings will continue.
- We are able to experience the messages of our clergy at our worship services in person.
Every gift makes a difference in our ability to worship, serve, and grow together. Feel free to contact the church office with any questions (919-467-1477 or firstname.lastname@example.org).