Dear Parents and Youth,
Happy Turkey (or Tofurkey Day) to everyone! I pray you are with good friends and loving family, have a wonderful time of good fellowship and great food, and take time to reflect upon the many blessings in your lives. Thanks to all of you for your gifts to Youth Ministry here at St. Paul’s. Each one of you shares something different and unique and special. I am very grateful.
We won’t have any youth programming this weekend, but we have a FULL month of programming in December. Don’t forget to mark your calendars:
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS
- Youth Christian Formation: No Classes but Children’s Ministry is hosting a Cookie & Craft event between the 9 and 11:15 services in the Parish Hall.
- No EYC
WAY OF LOVE ADVENT STUDY: Tuesdays, November 27- December 18 8-8:45 p.m. on a Zoom conference call (you can do it in your jammies!). Presiding Bishop Curry has invited the whole church to take up The Way of Love, a “rule of life” focused on practices for Jesus-Centered Life. We will explore that during Advent. More information is at https://www.episcopalchurch.org/explore-way-love. Here’s what you do:
- Download the special Way of Love Advent calendar: https://www.episcopalchurch.org/library/document/journeying-way-love-advent-calendar
- Log on to the call at 7:50 p.m. at https://zoom.us/j/786038185. You will need to download Zoom (it’s free) if you don’t already have it. You can join on a laptop or your phone.
- Participate in the conversation.
- Do the activities on the Advent Calendar to prepare for the next week.
BABYSITTING AND LOCK IN 12/7-8: Youth Babysitting Fundraiser, December 7th 6-9 p.m.: The youth will babysit kids ages 2 years through 5th grade in the Parish Hall. This is a fundraiser for Youth Missions and Pilgrimages, so donations are accepted. Sign up here:
- For youth & parents to help (DEADLINE TO SIGN UP 12/5/18): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-babysitting1
- To have kids babysat: http://bit.ly/2PqOPTK.
HIGH SCHOOL SMALL GROUP 12/8 9-11 am: We’ll meet in the Curry Center and just have time to talk about high school ministry and what you guys want to do and explore. Yes, it’s after the lock in, so there will be coffee!
DUKE YOUTH ACADEMY: A space for young people to ask deep question about their faith and cultivate Christian leadership and practice. Students spend a week in residency (6/23-29/19) at Duke University in theology study and conversation, worship, and prayer. Students will take classes with Duke Divinity School faculty and will worship with a diverse Christian community. This week is followed by a year of continuing mentorship as students design and lead an integrative project in their home community. Applications are open now and the priority deadline is November 30. More info at https://duyouth.duke.edu/.
#ADVENT WORD: #AdventWord is a global, online Advent calendar. Each day from the first Sunday of Advent through Christmas Day, #AdventWord offers meditations and images to inspire and connect individuals and a worldwide community of believers to the themes of Advent. You are invited to participate by posting your own images using the hashtag #AdventWord and the word of the day. It will be more fun if lots of us do it together! Sign up here: http://bit.ly/2DONaRp.