St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Deadline to apply is Friday, July 15th, 2022
Youth Ministry at St. Paul’s provides a supportive environment where young people can explore their faith while discovering the riches of our Episcopal tradition and their own special gifts. St. Paul’s Youth Ministry seeks to create an inclusive space where the youth of St. Paul’s can share their common and uncommon experiences with one another, and where they will feel supported and nurtured by the greater St. Paul’s community.
The Youth Coordinator organizes activities for St. Paul’s Youth (6th through 12th grades) and works with the Youth Committee, Clergy, and adult volunteers to realize the vision of a Christ-centered, vibrant, safe, and inclusive community. This position reports to the Associate Rector for Youth and Children’s Formation.
This position will be expected to work 8-10 hours a week and should not exceed 15 hours without the Associate Rector’s approval. This position’s primary role will be Sunday youth activities, but it may require working other evenings and weekends, particularly during the Christmas and Easter seasons.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Youth Committee and Associate Rector for Youth and Children’s Formation to assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating youth ministry programs.
- Provide logistical support to volunteers in youth program
- Communicate with the Youth Committee, Associate Rector, staff, parents, and youth concerning youth ministry activities at St. Paul’s and in the Diocese
- Lead EYC activities Sunday night (in collaboration with volunteers, Youth Committee, and clergy)
- Coordinate Sunday morning Formation sessions using existing curriculum (in collaboration with volunteers)
- Willingness to participate in mission trips and other community building opportunities that involve travel with the youth.
- In collaboration with the Youth Committee and Associate Rector, submit, record, and maintain the youth budget, managing all check requests and deposits related to the Youth program in accordance with St. Paul’s policies
- Create and process necessary paperwork and funding/payments for youth activity registration and youth functions
- Maintain order and cleanliness of public spaces after youth events
- Seek input from staff, Youth Committee, and Youth Leadership Team in planning youth ministry activities; coordinate with parish staff when developing calendar and planning special events
- Keep attendance lists of participants at youth events (or coordinate with others to do this) and submit these lists to the Office Manager
- In collaboration with Office Manager, provide office assistance as needed
- Fulfill office staff requirements: attend regular Youth Committee meetings, attend office staff meetings as needed, perform duties in compliance with the HR Handbook and Policy and Procedures
Compensation and Benefits
This position will be compensated hourly at $18/hr. This position is eligible for paid holidays, sick time and vacation time. This position is not eligible for medical or dental benefits. Please refer to the St. Paul’s Annual Benefit Summary for Lay employees for specific details.
- Prior experience in working with youth (ages 6th to 12th grade) required
- Knowledge of and experience with Episcopal traditions and teachings preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Word, Google Suite, MailChimp and Excel or their equivalents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and in a timely manner
- Ability to obtain and consider input from others
- Organized and dedicated individual; high attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Values inclusiveness, open to questioning youth, and affirming of LGBTQIA+ youth
- Clean social media presence and adherence to professional boundaries
The deadline to apply is Friday, July 15th, 2022.
Please apply to:
Rev. Alice Graham Grant
Associate Rector for Youth and Children’s Formation
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Cary