Youth News (Dec 9, 2018)
Dear Parents and Youth,
There is lots going on – Advent and service and fellowship and worship! I hope lots of you can join in for some of the Youth Ministry events below.
- Youth Christian Formation: The lesson Sunday is entitled “When the Going Gets Tough: Running from Problems.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- No EYC Sunday: Time for homework and sleep after the lock in!
- BABYSITTING AND LOCK IN 12/7-8: Youth Babysitting Fundraiser, December 7th 6-9 p.m.: The youth will babysit kids ages 2 years through 5th grade in the Parish Hall. After babysitting we clean up and head out for bowling and then back for the lock in. Details:
- Bring $10 for bowling (high school & college ID’s get you a $3 discount and lunch passes will work as well).
- Back by POPULAR DEMAND: Chopped Youth Ministry Style. Bring a single dessert ingredient that does not require cooking (you can use the microwave). We will divide you into groups, you make a combined dessert with your ingredients, and they are judged.
- Youth & parents to help (DEADLINE TO SIGN UP WAS DEC 5): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-babysitting1
- Friends who join us: Everyone must fill out registration form ( https://form.jotform.com/82118970270153 ) and if they stay for lock in the must ALSO fill out medical form ( https://form.jotform.com/82515068502150 ).
- Bring: Bowling money, sleeping bag, pillow, Jammies, toiletries, air mattress (if you want), chopped item (see above), and great attitude.
- Pick Up 9:00 Saturday in the Youth Wing.
- HIGH SCHOOL SMALL GROUP 12/8 9-11 am: We’ll meet in the Curry Center and just have time to talk about high school ministry and what you guys want to do and explore. Yes, it’s after the lock in, so there will be coffee!
WAY OF LOVE ADVENT STUDY: Tuesdays, December 4- December 18 8-8:45 p.m. on a Zoom conference call (you can do it in your jammies!). Presiding Bishop Curry has invited the whole church to take up The Way of Love, a “rule of life” focused on practices for Jesus-Centered Life. We will explore that during Advent. More information is at https://www.episcopalchurch.org/explore-way-love. Here’s what you do:
- Download the special Way of Love Advent calendar: https://www.episcopalchurch.org/library/document/journeying-way-love-advent-calendar
- Log on to the call at 7:50 p.m. at https://zoom.us/j/786038185. You will need to download Zoom (it’s free) if you don’t already have it. You can join on a laptop or your phone.
- Participate in the conversation.
- Do the activities on the Advent Calendar to prepare for the next week.
#ADVENT WORD: #AdventWord is a global, online Advent calendar. Each day from the first Sunday of Advent through Christmas Day, #AdventWord offers meditations and images to inspire and connect individuals and a worldwide community of believers to the themes of Advent. You are invited to participate by posting your own images using the hashtag #AdventWord and the word of the day. It will be more fun if lots of us do it together! Sign up here: http://bit.ly/2DONaRp.
Hope you can come Friday for service and fun!
Youth Program Coordinator
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church