This week we talked about the importance of self care, the fact that God wants us to take care of ourselves, and that we are more equipped to spread the love of God with the world when we take care of ourselves. (PARENTS, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU TAKE TIME FOR SELF CARE TOO.)
Next week we will be having a game night. Feel free to bring any games you would like to share with the group. ALSO, youth are going to be asked to share in what three ways they practiced self care this week before they can start playing any games. If you want to warn them ahead of time and allow them to think about their self care throughout their week, feel free.
- Sign up Genius. The only reason that the previous semester went so well was because of the support from parents and volunteers. We’re going to need that same enthusiasm and support again here in the second semester. Please take some time and look over your calendar to see where you could potentially help. Thank you.
EYC Advisors: (plenty of open spaces) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0D49AFAA2FA7FB6-eycadvisors5
EYC Meals: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0D49AFAA2FA7FB6-eycmeals4
Sunday School Teachers: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0D49AFAA2FA7FB6-christian1
- USO Valentines Cards. We will be making these together on Sunday, February 2nd. The organizers of this event are also collecting small Dollar store toys for kids of vets and snack items as well as the Valentines cards. Please keep our men and women in military service in mind as we look forward to the approaching holidays.
- Murder Mystery Dinner: February 15th!
- As we all know the Murder Mystery Dinner is right around the corner. If you are participating please review your lines!! We’re going to need your help, please sign up where you are able!
- Rsvp link: https://forms.gle/wgYk11Mopt4A983w8
- The Un-Intentionals, Feb 23, from
3:30pm-4:30pm. (EYC right after @5pm)
- An improv comedy show at St Paul’s on Sun, Feb 23, from 3:30pm-4:30pm. These shows are fast-paced, family friendly, and lots of fun! We tend to have good responses from kids/teenagers in the audience and have even had a few teenagers join our improv group in the past. YouTube videos on the channel include highlights from past shows as well as various just-for-fun videos that we do sometimes.
- YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDKQsvNfSzqi41kZjc7On9Q
- Bishops Ball (H.S.): February 28th – March 1st
- Take a leap and join us for a weekend where we will dive deeper into our faith! Participants will learn to live their lives with more joy and greater intention. They will acquire knowledge and tips on how to leave behind things that are weighing them down spiritually, emotionally and physically. We will learn together how to move forward and become the best version of ourselves by reclaiming the joy of being a child of God. We hope you’ll join us for this fun-filled and formational weekend you won’t want to miss!
- Bishops’ Ball is for both middle and high school youth. https://www.dionc.org/digital_faith/events/3174983
- Happening (H.S.) and Genesis (M.S.): March 27th – 29th
- Happening is a renewal weekend for high school youth. The event allows young people to encounter Christ in an intentional Christian community. The event is led by youth with clergy and lay adult support. Highlights of the weekend include talks, songs, worship and small groups. Happening is a youth event under the authority of the diocesan bishop. https://www.dionc.org/digital_faith/events/3174711
- Genesis is a middle school event during which young people grades 6-8 are encouraged to learn more and grow deeper in their faith through talks and the leadership of high school age youth. The theme for 2020 is relationships with God and relationships with ourselves. Join us for a youth lead weekend with talks, music, small groups, friends and fun.
Thank you all so much.
Interim Youth Program Coordinator