Happy New Year! We’re off to a fun start with snow – I’m excited. I will have had enough of it by tonight, but it looks like the cold weather may mean it lingers a little bit longer than I’d like. Hopefully roads will get cleared soon and we can get back to “normally scheduled programming” by the weekend. For church updates check our website. I’m hopeful we can have EYC Sunday evening. In the meantime, have fun with snow day activities: sledding, building snowmen, drinking hot chocolate, and hanging out together. Be safe and stay warm!
Check out the list of events below. We’ve got lot of awesome things coming up.
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS: !!!Action Required ***Time Sensitive
- Sunday School 10:15-11 a.m.: The lesson today is entitled “Peace & Justice: Temptation.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- EYC Sunday- Epiphany Party & Winter Kickoff 5-7 p.m.: Epiphany is observed on January 6, so we will celebrate it at EYC Sunday. We will learn more about this Feast Day through lots of different activities. Since the magi brought gifts to Jesus, please bring gifts of canned food/staples for Urban Ministries.
- Acolyte Training & Refresher Classes: We have scheduled 2 sessions in January for new acolyte training or brushing up on acolyte skills:
- Sunday 1/14 at 12:30pm
- Saturday 1/20 at 10:00am
The trainings will be led by Fr. George, and will last about 30-45 minutes. Please contact Ramsey McIntire to sign up (email@example.com).
- January 15 – MLK Day Convocation Event. This is being planned now, so look for details soon, but go ahead and mark your calendar for this full day event. There will be service, learning, worship, and fellowship with other churches.
- *** Kanuga Snow Tubing 1/19-21: This is a REALLY fun trip – we’re going back to stay at Kanuga and snow tube at Moonshine Mountain! The cost is $135.00. Please sign up and pay by 1/15/18. Here is the brochure: Kanuga Snowtubing 2018
- !!! Bishop’s Ball February 23-25: This Diocesan event is full of awesome activities and workshops – and the Bishops are there. There is a formal dinner, followed by a celebration Eucharist and dance with a DJ Saturday night. Most participants dress up for Saturday evening’s festivities. The cost is $100 and scholarships are available. Register online: http://www.dionc.org/Youth/youth-main.html. This is an amazing event!
- Acolyte Training & Refresher Classes: For those who have never acolyted before, it will teach everything you need to know to serve and for experienced acolyte, it will be a time to brush up on your skills, if you think you need it. Please use this link to sign up: <http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054bacab2ea5fb6-stpauls2> http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054bacab2ea5fb6-stpauls2. Youth only need to attend one of the sessions:
- * Sunday 1/14 at 12:30pm
- * Saturday 1/20 at 10:00am
- Murder Mystery Dinner 2/17/18: Calling all high schoolers – we need your talent and enthusiasm for the murder mystery – you are the cast! Middlers, you guys are the wait staff. There is an interest meeting on Sunday 1/7 at 4:00 for all high schoolers who can help. It’s a fun production, a huge fundraiser, and parishioners really enjoy the show. No experience is necessary, so come join the fun. The rehearsals will be Sundays at 4:00 before EYC with a dress rehearsal on 2/16. If you want to participate but can’t make the meeting Sunday, please let me know.
- New 2018 Signups:
- Meals: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-eycmeals2
- Christian Formation Teacher Sign Up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-church1
- EYC Advisor Sign Up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-eycadvisors3
- Calendar: Found on Youth Page: http://www.stpaulscary.org/ministries/youth/
Peace, Leah Dail Youth Program Coordinator St. Paul’s Episcopal Church 919-467-1477
Enjoy the snow!
Youth Program Coordinator