Youth News (Jun 2, 2019)
Welcome to summer (even though some schools aren’t out yet) and a more relaxed programming season for Youth Ministry. We get together less frequently, but still have lots of fun together and spend time in worship too. Things kick off this Sunday with our first “Shake-it-Up Sunday” from 6-8. Please note our schedule has changed due to the pool availability for our end of year pool party, so read all the details below carefully. We don’t want you to miss any fun.
Here’s the Youth Ministry news this week:
• No Christian Formation
• EYC: 6/2 Shake It Up Sunday 6-8 pm: Come to the youth wing for milkshakes, games and Compline, Come enjoy a fun evening with us.
• 6/2 Rise Against Hunger Meal Packaging Event 10 am-12 pm: LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP!! Join the parish to help package meals that go around the world to help alleviate hunger. It’s a fun, inter-generational event and you get to wear a hair net (or a hat)! Go to http://events.stophungernow.org/StPaulsCary to make a donation and register yourself (and family).
• 6/9 EYC Pool Party 2-4 pm: We’ll meet at Cary Swim Club and spend time swimming and eating (pizza and snacks). Please RSVP at http://bit.ly/2Wg8Rmw. Parents, please come into the pool to drop off and then pick up your youth. You are welcome to stay if there is room for adults on the signup.
• Episcopal Farmworkers Trip June 17: We are going down for a day to learn about the EFwM and see what they do and where they are. We will also spend an evening with farmworkers at a local camp, including cooking dinner for them and sharing a meal. Soccer or volleyball is sure to follow. All ages are welcome, including parents. We will leave St. Paul’s at 11 am and return around 10 pm. The cost is $25.00. Register at http://bit.ly/2Wg8Rmw. Registration and non-refundable payment are due by June 9th. Contact me If you have any questions.
• Summer Acolyte Schedule: Sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054bacab2ea5fb6-acolyte5.