Youth News (Mar 11, 2018)
It’s no joke that we have a lot going on in Youth Ministry. Please read below and mark your calendars for some really awesome stuff! We really want you to be a part of all these wonderful things and see for yourself where God is working in the world.
- Sunday School 10:15-11 am: We start a new unit entitled “Success & Failure.” The lesson Sunday is entitled “Success & Failure: Signs of Success.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided). High School meets in Room 10 and will continue to look at faith and civic engagement.
- Confirmation Class Sunday 10:15-11 am: We will meet in the Curry Center. This lesson is entitled “Into the World in Witness.”
- EYC Sunday 4-6 pm (note the different time) Bowling with Pre-EYC – We’ll be bowling with Pre-EYC at Buffaloe Lanes. It is $12.00 for bowling and shoe rental. There is no dinner served. Drop off and pick up at the bowling alley. Sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-bowling.
- High School EYC Coffee House Sunday 7-8:30 pm: Come to the Youth Wing Sunday night for some down time and hanging out together. We’ll have coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and snacks. Bring your homework or a game or just come to catch up with one another.
- Night in My Car 3/16-17: Instead of the 30 Hour Famine this year, we are going to raise money for Family Promises. We are having a different kind of lock-in – spending the night in your car to experience a night that a family experience homeless might – sleeping in a car. Come to St. Paul’s at 7 pm, we’ll have some education and games, and then we’ll sleep in cars. We’ll be done on Saturday at 12 noon after we work on our community garden. Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-night. Here are the Night in a Car Registration Waiver and Release Sponsor Form and the Night In A Car Photo Release form.
- Senior Luncheon 3/25 12:30-2: We are inviting our senior parishioners for lunch again this year and we need your help. There is a need for kitchen help (cooking/prep) on Saturday 3/24 and then youth and adults to help on Sunday 3/25 from 11:00 am until we are done around 2:30. The sign up is here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-senior2. This is a very popular event that our seniors really enjoy.
- New Ministry at St. Paul’s – Wake County Sponsors: Clergy and lay leaders have been meeting for the past year to discern how to form a broad-based, non-partisan organization to address issues that benefit everyone in Wake County. Informational meetings are coming up. Spend a couple hours learning and sharing time with faith-filled individuals who are motivated to find common ground and new ways to collaborate. This is for youth and parents! Sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdr69A3VBRSVJkbkQ41_TiZwubqLQcXwoqp20N297GBTJiGhg/viewform
See you Sunday.
Youth Program Coordinator