We are entering Holy Week this coming Sunday. I encourage all of you to attend as many services during the week as you can. Each services helps you walk through the story of Jesus’s death and resurrection and you’ll notice different things each day. There is a service every weekday evening at 7:00 pm and on Saturday at 8:00 pm. More information about the services can be found on our website (stpaulscary.org).
We will be taking a break from Formation and EYC but there is still news to tell:
- No Sunday School this week or next.
- No EYC this week or next.
- Senior Luncheon 3/25: CANCELED
- March for Our Lives, Raleigh 3/24: If anyone wants to attend and march with other Episcopalians, a group is meeting at the Diocesan office on the corner of Morgan and McDowell Streets at 9:00 for coffee and doughnuts. They will walk down to the start of the march leaving by 9:30. If you can come at 9:00, please let Beth Crow (firstname.lastname@example.org)know so I will have enough coffee and doughnuts. She will also bring supplies to make posters at 9:00. If you will be going to Washington, let me know – I’ll look for you in the crowd (I’ll be there)!
- Stations of the Cross, Good Friday, 3/30, 8:00-10:00 am Downtown Greensboro: This is a Diocesan event that starts and ends at Diocesan offices (301 N. Elm St.). It is a 1.5 mile route and youth lead much of it! Then, from 10:30 am – 2:00 pm there is a program, “Lifting Our Voices” for youth and young people ages 12-25(ish) at All Saints Episcopal Church (4211 Wayne Rd.) to sharing poetry/prose, have lunch (FREE! There’ll be pizza and veggies and other snacks throughout the day), a time for journaling, creating poetry & other art, and exploring how lamentation, resistance, and hope are part of our faith & our power to move and act for change. Contact me for carpooling information.
- Genesis 4/13-15: Genesis is designed for middle school youth to begin to explore their own faith through youth-led talks on various subjects such as family, friends, peer pressure, the church, Jesus and sharing one’s faith. It will be a great weekend of fun, small and large group activities, and being with friends (old & new). More information and registration can be found at http://www.dionc.org/digital_faith/events/3175003. If you have any questions, contact me.
I hope to see you this weekend.
Youth Program Coordinator