I know – it’s not even Thanksgiving yet and we’re talking about Advent and Christmas. But in our defense, we are preparing for Advent and Christmas, so we must start early. If the St. Nicholas Tree doesn’t go up now, the gifts for needy families wouldn’t be delivered in time. If we didn’t rehearse the Advent play … well, you get that. So, thank you for your understanding. Think of it as extra preparation in anticipation of the Christ child.
Here is the youth news for the week:
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS !!!Action Required ***Time Sensitive
- !!!November 11 ASP Chore Day 7:45-11: This is a fundraiser for ASP where we go to parishioner’s homes and do whatever chores they need us to do (raking, mulching, cleaning out garages, whatever). It’s fun to do together and the more the merrier -even if you’re not an ASPer yet. Please go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044fa8a629a5fe3-aspfall to sign up.
- December 3, 5 pm: Advent Play, “Best Christmas Pageant Ever” (please not the change in time)
- December 17 EYC: Youth Christmas Party with White Elephant Gift Exchange
- Tuesdays 12/5, 12/12, and 12/19: Advent Study 6-7 pm
- Church School: The lesson is entitled “Peace & Justice: Changing Myself.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- EYC: We will be putting up the tree for St. Nicholas along with adults working with the St. Nicholas ministry. Come help. Or you can help paint sets for the Advent play (wear clothes that can get paint on them.
- Stewardship Celebration Sunday 11/12, 10-11:30 am: Please join your fellow parishioners for brunch, catered by Nantucket, La Farm and Bojangles. Please attend youth or adult formation and then drop by the Parish Hall at 11am to enjoy good food and fellowship.
- ***Advent Play Practice Sunday 4-5 pm: Please have your lines memorized. Only 2 more rehearsals!
Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope to see you Sunday.
Youth Program Coordinator