Happy wet Thursday. Hopefully today is the end of the rain for a while and we can get back to sunshine!
Here is our youth news for the week:
- Youth Christian Formation: The lesson for Sunday is entitled “Competition: Preparing for the Future.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- EYC 5–7 pm: Forgiveness: Come find out about the 2nd part of Forgiveness – Understanding. The high school youth will lead a short devotional and activity. Dinner and Scatterball to follow!
- THERE’S STILL ROOM FOR VOLUNTEERS! ASP CHORE DAY 11/17 8am – 12 pm – Let us rake or pick up sticks for you! Email email@example.com or call 919619-5103 to get on the list or if you would like to volunteer (8th grade through 12th) please use this sign up to let us know we can count on your help: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044fa8a629a5fe3-aspfall
- BABYSITTING AND LOCK IN 12/7-8: Youth Babysitting Fundraiser, December 7th 6-9 p.m.: The youth will babysit kids ages 2 years through 5th grade in the Parish Hall. This is a fundraiser for Youth Missions and Pilgrimages, so donations are accepted. Sign up here:
- For youth & parents to help (DEADLINE TO SIGN UP 12/5/18): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-babysitting1
- To have kids babysat: http://bit.ly/2PqOPTK.
- HIGH SCHOOL SMALL GROUP 12/8 9-11 am: We’ll meet in the Curry Center and just have time to talk about high school ministry and what you guys want to do and explore. Yes, it’s after the lock in, so there will be coffee!
- DUKE YOUTH ACADEMY: A space for young people to ask deep question about their faith and cultivate Christian leadership and practice. Students spend a week in residency (6/23-29/19) at Duke University in theology study and conversation, worship, and prayer. Students will take classes with Duke Divinity School faculty and will worship with a diverse Christian community. This week is followed by a year of continuing mentorship as students design and lead an integrative project in their home community. Applications are open now and the priority deadline is November 30, 2018. More info at https://duyouth.duke.edu/.
I hope to see you Sunday.
Youth Program Coordinator