We’ll be transitioning from Harry Potter and into The Chronicles of Narnia as the foundation for our conversations during EYC for the next few weeks. This week we talked about Temptation, and seeking forgiveness from God for the misguided steps we take in our life, and how we can always return to the loving graces of God with a sincere heart.
ASP Chore Day got rescheduled, to THIS UPCOMING SATURDAY! Please sign up if you have not already.
Thank you to those who have stepped up by agreeing to volunteer and bring meals. It really takes significant weight off my shoulders. I want to be able to provide the best experience for the youth, and I truly believe that means having everyone lend a hand in some way. Thank you to those who continue to help week in and week out.
We are testing a new messaging system so that we have another avenue to reach parents and youth. Some youth have told me that teachers have started using an app called Remind. So, that’s where we’re going to start. This is primarily for youth, but applies to parents as well! Text @spaulseyc to 81010 to join our “class” so that you can receive text updates.
EYC THROUGH THE END OF THE CALENDAR YEAR
- ASP Chore Day, Saturday, Nov. 23rd, 7:30am – Noon (fundraiser for van rental): We need as many volunteers as we can get. The more – the merrier. Below is the sign up link. Please let us know as soon as you can if we can count on you to volunteer so we know how many jobs we can plan to take. Thank you so much! ASP CHORE DAY SIGN UP
- November 24th: Murder Mysytery Dinner Interest Meeting
- November 24th: Regular EYC
- December 1st: EYC Game night!
- December 8th: Advent Party & Murder Mystery Rehearsal
- December 13 – 14: Babysitting Fundraiser and Lock-In
- We will provide babysitting for children of the parish as a Youth Ministry fundraiser from 6-9 pm. Youth come at 5:30 for set-up. Then, after babysitting, the lock-in! We’ll start off with late night bowling. Then we’ll play some games or watch a movie and then SLEEP! Pickup will be 9:00 a.m. Saturday. We will need all the youth and adult help we can get. here’s a sign up for parents of kiddies, here’s a sign up for youth and parents.
- December 15th, 9am Service: Christmas Pageant
- December 15th, 22nd, and 29th: NO EYC
Youth Ministry News and Events:
- Youth Group Needs:
- Sunday School 12/01 Middle School Teachers
- EYC Vol. 12/08 (Advent party) and Lock In 12/13 – 12/14
Thank you to those who have signed up to volunteer through the end of the year. There are still a few gaps that need filled. Please take a look at the sign up geniuses and figure out where you think you’d be best.
Email Zack Rugen at email@example.com if you have questions.
Sign up to assist with our EYC events HERE
Sign up to bring dinner to our amazing youth HERE
Christian Formation Leaders
Sign up to teach and learn with our youth on sunday mornings HERE
I hope you all have an amazing week.
Interim Youth Program Coordinator