Dec 4, 2019
I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving! Just wanted to send out a reminder that this Sunday we have the Murder Mystery Rehearsal from 4 to 5, and the Advent party from 5 to 7. We will be doing the white elephant gift exchange that the youth group has done in the past (gifts should be under $10) and I have dinner covered!
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Have a great rest of your week,
Nov 25, 2019
Last week we talked about Temptation, and seeking forgiveness from God for the misguided steps we take in our life, and how we can always return to the loving graces of God with a sincere heart. This week we had a discussion centered around giving thanks, how we give thanks, and the importance of it. (Ask them what having an attitude of gratitude means).
I pray that you all have a life giving, happy, safe Thanksgiving. I am extremely thankful that the Lord has continued to guide me and led me here with you all. Week in and week out, I am thankful for the time I get to spend at EYC. This is truly a blessing.
- There will be NO EYC next week. (12/01) I am hoping to spend that time with my family and writing papers. I hope you all are doing only one of those things.
- I am considering a time change for EYC
- What will this look like?!
- The idea is to move EYC from 5-7pm to 12:30-2:30pm (immediately following the 11:15 service)
- I am hoping that this will allow parents to make one less trip from home to church and back since we would all already be here and give everyone their Sunday evenings to prepare for the upcoming week. (do homework, take a deep breath, etc.)
- This would make my life somewhat easier.
- What will change?
- We will still have meals, games, and worship. The only change is the time of day which means we will be having lunch together instead of dinner.
- Are parents still providing lunch?
- Ideally, yes. I understand that going from church, home to grab lunch, and back in time for 12:30 can be a quick turn around. HOWEVER, my hope is that the youth who typically go to the 9am service will stick around for Sunday School and then we can have them help parents make lunch (if this is applicable for that week) in the kitchen of the parish hall since the coffee hour from the morning will be all cleaned up. The youth may even learn to cook a thing or two in this process.
- But what if the youth aren’t/don’t/won’t help with meal prep?
- We can hang out in the youth wing (as it is typically not used during that time and I can reserve it in the future) and play games, chat, and continue to build a wholesome community.
- Okay… okay… When will we start the time change?
- In 2020!
- When will we know if you’ve decided to change the time?
- I will let everyone know when the schedule for the new year goes out. That will be created once I pass all my finals, I promise.
- BUT ZACK! WHAT ABOUT (insert concern here)?!?!
- Email me. I’d love to hear your thoughts and concerns!
- Meeting with Rev. Cathy Deats
- Rev. Deats will be joining us to brainstorm and assist us in discerning what a permanent youth leader for Saint Paul’s would look like. If you are interested in joining that process, please let Father George and I know your availability by signing up on Doodle Poll! https://doodle.com/poll/xk2d73sxtess9qw3]
EYC THROUGH THE END OF THE CALENDAR YEAR
- December 1st: NO EYC
- Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
- December 8th: Advent Party & Murder Mystery Rehearsal (4-5)
- December 13 – 14: Babysitting Fundraiser and Lock-In: We will provide babysitting for children of the parish as a Youth Ministry fundraiser from 6-9 pm. Youth come at 5:30 for set-up. Then, after babysitting, the lock-in! We’ll start off with late night bowling. Then we’ll play some games or watch a movie and then SLEEP! Pickup will be 9:00 a.m. Saturday. We will need all the youth and adult help we can get. here’s a sign up for parents of kiddies, here’s a sign up for youth and parents.
- December 15th, 9am Service: Christmas Pageant
- December 15th, 22nd, and 29th: NO EYC
Youth Ministry News and Events:
- Youth Group Needs:
- Sunday School 12/01 Middle School Teachers
- EYC Vol. 12/08 (Advent party, all you will have to do is hang out)
- Lock In Volunteers 12/13 – 12/14
Thank you to those who have signed up to volunteer through the end of the year. There are still a few gaps that need filled. Please take a look at the sign up geniuses and figure out where you think you’d be best.
Email Zack Rugen at email@example.com if you have questions.
EYC Advisors: Sign up to assist with our EYC events HERE
EYC Dinners: Sign up to bring dinner to our amazing youth HERE
Christian Formation Leaders: Sign up to teach and learn with our youth on sunday mornings HERE
This week, give thanks.
Interim Youth Program Coordinator