Dear Parents and Youth,
I can not believe that we are already into November.Tonight, we had a deeper discussion about inequality. The youth are very observant about where they see the systemic inequality in the world and it was amazing to hear them try and identify solutions to these problems. I encourage you to continue the conversation about inequality in the world at home, because they are aware of it, but they are just not always sure what to do about it. These kids truly are the future of the church, and will be working to bring the kingdom of God to earth sooner than we know.
Thank you to those who have stepped up by agreeing to volunteer and bring meals. It really takes significant weight off my shoulders. I want to be able to provide the best experience for the youth, and I truly believe that means having everyone lend a hand in some way. Thank you to those who continue to help week in and week out.
Youth Ministry News and Events:
• November 3rd: EYC 5-7 GAME NIGHT! Since we will have wrapped up our discussions, I figured that we all deserve a game night. So bring your favorite game and be prepared for new games. (parents, if you ever thought about volunteering, this is the night to do it!)
• November 9th and 10th: EYC Lock In! Saturday night we will be hanging out, setting up the Saint Nicholas Tree, watching The Chronicles of Narnia (we’ll be basing discussion around that for a few weeks), playing games, and having an all around good time!
• DATE CHANGES: We have moved the dates of our two lock ins and the EYC’s around them to allow us to use the most of the facilities. Please update your calendars accordingly.
3rd: Game Night!!
9th and 10th: EYC Lock In
10th: NO EYC
17th: Regular EYC
24th: 4-5pm Murder Mystery Dinner Interest Meeting
24th: Regular EYC
1st: Regular EYC
8th: Murder Mystery Rehearsal
13th-14th: EYC Babysitting Lock-In
15th: No EYC
Regular EYC is from 5pm – 7pm
• ASP Chore Day (fundraiser for van rental): is just around the corner and we need as many volunteers as we can get. The more – the merrier. Below is the sign up link. Please let us know as soon as you can if we can count on you to volunteer so we know how many jobs we can plan to take. Thank you so much!
ASP CHORE DAY SIGN UP
• Volunteers Needed: Thank you to those who have signed up to volunteer through the end of the year. There are still a few gaps that need filled. Please take a look at the sign up geniuses and figure out where you think you’d be best.
Email Zack Rugen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Sign up to assist with our EYC events HERE
Sign up to bring dinner to our amazing youth HERE
Christian Formation Leaders
Sign up to teach and learn with our youth on Sunday mornings HERE
I hope you have an amazing week.
Interim Youth Program Coordinator