This is going to be a busy weekend in Youth Ministry. I hope many of you can come to our first Lock In of the year! These are always a fantastic time to spend time with friends, make some new ones, and of course, play Sardines. And this year we’re going to a corn maze to start fall off right (even though there’s not even a hint of fall in the air).
And a special note on Hurricane Florence: I am keeping my ears open to find youth-appropriate ways to respond and help in the aftermath of the hurricane. The devastation around the state is still be assessed, but I know the needs will be many. If you hear of something that the youth can participate in, feel free to forward that information on to me. I will be scheduling outreach as soon as I can. In the meantime, keep all those affected by the wind and water from Florence in your prayers.
- 60th Anniversary Now 9/23: Our 60th Anniversary Celebration was postponed to this Sunday, Sept. 23rd. Everything remains the same, except for the date. There will be services at 7:30 and 10 am, a special video presentation, and a catered brunch.
- No Youth Formation This Sunday: due to the 60th Anniversary Celebration.
- No EYC This Sunday: due to the Lock In (catch up on homework and sleep).
- Lock in Saturday, September 22 – Sunday, September 23: Come at 6:00 on Saturday for our first lock in of the year. Eat dinner before you come. We are going to Kenny’s Corn Maze (https://www.kenskornycornmaze.com/) and coming back for snack, games, and sleep (really). Pick up is at 10:00 before the 60th Anniversary Service. Here are some things to note:
- Sign Up If You’re Coming and If Your Parent Can Drive: https://bit.ly/2xsdDyN
- Bring a snack to share
- An overnight permission form is required (good for entire year): https://bit.ly/2PyEscb
- Bring overnight gear including flashlight & $12 for corn maze (see attached packing list)
- (Another) Sign up for Breakfast: https://bit.ly/2MJx4sh.
- Lobster Fest Saturday, October 6th: This is a parish-wide event and youth help is critical. It’s a little messy but we have a great time and make a lot of people happy during the day. Please sign up to help: https://www.stpaulscary.org/lobsterfestvolunteers/. Sign up by 10/1 so the organizers can plan.
Hope to see you Saturday!
Youth Program Coordinator