Dear Parents and Youth,
He caused the east wind to blow in the heavens,
and by his power he led out the south wind;
Yes, the wind is blowing – maybe blowing in spring with it? We can hope Raleigh’s groundhog was right about spring coming sooner than later and not that imposter groundhog up in PA (he predicted 6 more weeks of winter). In any case, we’re gearing up for a busy spring semester in Youth ministry and invite all of you to participate in as many of our offerings as possible. A calendar for activities through June will be ready next week (fingers crossed).
Here the youth news for this week:
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS
- Regular Events
- Sunday School: The lesson Sunday is entitled “Setting Priorities: Slave or Master.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- Murder Mystery Play Rehearsal Sunday 3-5 pm: We’ll meet in the Parish Hall to rehearse. Bring your script.
- EYC Sunday 5-7 pm: It’s a regular EYC, so come fellowship with us and eat a great dinner. We meet in the Youth Wing.
- Upcoming Events
- High School Lunch Friday 2/10: Since it’s an early release for WCPSS, high schoolers come join us for fellowship and food at Bruegger’s at 122 SW Maynard Rd at 12:15. Let me know if you’re coming so I snag a table for us.
- Confirmation Classes: Confirmation preparation will consist of six sessions held during the Sunday morning education hour beginning Sunday, February 26 and running through April 2. Classes will meet at the Curry Center. The sacrament of Confirmation will take place on Sunday, April 23 by The Bishop Ann Hodges-Copple. The classes are offered to teenagers who are at least in the 9th grade and who have not yet been confirmed. The only prerequisite is Baptism. There is also an overnight service component, The 30 Hour Famine, on 3/10 & 11. Please note the date change. We will also have a Confirmand Brunch on 3/19 at 12:30 in the Parish Hall. Please contact Leah Dail (email@example.com) to enroll in the class or if you have any questions.
- Murder Mystery Dinner & Fundraiser “Mt. Rushmore’s Revenge” Saturday, February 25th 7 p.m. Back by popular demand, the youth of St. Paul’s will be presenting another juicy murder mystery and dinner. Our mystery is set at the Rushmore Beauty Academy for women. Things are getting interesting when the Board of Regents decides to admit men! It’s so upsetting that someone – but who?? – is driven to murder. Come help discover who done it. Dinner will be a scrumptious three course Southern-themed meal. The event will be from 7-9 pm and child care will be provided. Tickets are $20.00 per person and there will also be a wine cash bar. Proceeds will go towards Youth Mission trips. Please RSVP at: https://goo.gl/forms/RCvc3cbo8ejgfszH2.
- Souper Bowl Food Collection: The youth (and adult chaperones and drivers) did an awesome job and we collected 303 pounds of food for Urban Ministries. That is definitely being the hands and feet of Christ. Thank you to everyone who helped.
- Meal Signups: http://tinyurl.com/j3mtct5 We still need help feeding our hungry youth, so please help if you can.
I hope to see you Sunday for Formation classes and Souper Bowl food pickup!
Youth Program Coordinator
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church