God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
The recent devastation from storms and natural disasters is unparalleled. We’ve all seen the news and heard of the extensive damage. The hurricane names will stick with us for a long time: Harvey, Irma, Jose, and Maria. Now there have been a series of earthquakes in Mexico that have killed over 300 people. A video message from our Presiding Bishop Michael Curry is both comforting and inspiring. I recommend you watch it: https://www.episcopalchurch.org/library/video/bishop-curry-reflects-current-events. He tells us we can’t do everything, but we can do something. You can pray, you can give, and perhaps you can go to work to help. I will be on the lookout for ways the youth can help, so stay tuned as events and opportunities unfold.
Here the youth news for the week:
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS !!!Action Required ***Time Sensitive
- !!! Lobster Fest Volunteers, Saturday, October 7, 10:00-2:00: We need more help. Please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-lobster1. Help us support this important fundraising event.
- !!! “Race: We So Different?” at the Museum of Natural Science in Raleigh 1-3 pm. We will meet at St. Paul’s at 12:15 and return around 3:00. There are a limited number of free tickets available and will be reserved with this signup on a first-come, first-served basis. We will also need additional adults to drive. If you sign up as an adult chaperone, you will probably need to drive youth to and from the museum. Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-race.
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Peace & Justice: Calling Friends to Account.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- No EYC Sunday Evening: We are going to the Museum of Natural Science’s exhibit “Race: We So Different?” in the afternoon, so no evening EYC. See details for that event above.
- *** Diocesan Event, Happening, 10/28-30: Happening is designed for young people in grades 9-12. A powerful, youth-led weekend, which builds on the teachings from Confirmation and provides space for personal renewal of one’s relationship to Jesus Christ. Such an awesome weekend! Register at http://www.dionc.org/digital_faith/events/3168990.
Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope to see you at Lobster Fest and again on Sunday.
Youth Program Coordinator