What's Happening at St. Paul's?
The vestry is offering an opportunity for parishioners to write notes to Rev. Cathy Deats as she transitions to her new role at the diocese (click HERE). Note cards will be available in the narthex (as well as a place to leave the notes). Please take a moment to thank Rev. Cathy for her service to St. Paul’s as well as to send her off with well wishes.
CONFIRMATION AND REAFFIRMATION
We at St. Paul’s rejoice today in the Confirmation of and the Reaffirmation of Tyler Barefoot, Drew Alexander Bradley, Shelby Elizabeth Bryson, Xena Alexandra Gray, Dylan Hall Jarrell, Alex Rodes, Vincent Scott Zapadinsky, Stephanie Buchanan, Amy Elizabeth Borbet, Robert Thomas Borbet, Christine Louise Davila, Craig Howison Sours, Paula Barnes Sours, Meghan Erin Sanders, Paul Edmund Sanders, and Beverly Goll Yekeson.
Special Notes for Rev. Cathy: The vestry is offering an opportunity for parishioners to write notes to Rev. Cathy as she transitions to her new role at the Diocese. Note cards will be available in the narthex (as well as a place to leave the notes). Please take a moment to thank Rev. Cathy for her service to St. Paul’s as well as send her off with well wishes.
Make a Match in May:
Join the May Match campaign! Thank you so much to the families that have contributed $8300 toward the May Match. Our dollar for dollar match donor is thrilled and thankful for these gifts and has increased their match offering to $15,000! All money donated to this “May Match” will go to further fund the Ministries and Missions of St. Paul’s. Please keep in mind that these donations should be above normal giving and should not replace a normal monthly pledge payment. To donate to the “May Match” opportunity, simply write “May Match” in the check memo line.
George and Cathy: A Picnic Contest: Rev. George and Rev. Dr. Cathy are having a contest for the St. Paul’s Picnic on June 5 (which is also George’s birthday)! For the contest we are collecting donations for either George or Cathy, and the priest with the most donations collected by May 28 will have to wear either Red Sox gear (for George who doesn’t like the Red Sox) or Patriots Gear (for Cathy who REALLY doesn’t like the Patriots). All funds collected go to the ministries and missions of St. Paul’s. Donations are collected in jars in the parish hall each Sunday during Coffee Hour…find the table with the balloons and gear. So far George has collected $461 and Cathy has collected $414. In the case of a tie on picnic Sunday, BOTH priests will wear their gear!
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: In honor of Confirmation Sunday, Children’s Ministries and the Fellowship Events Team are hosting a special coffee hour in the parish hall following the 9:00 a.m. service. Stop by to enjoy coffee and refreshments and to congratulate our confirmands.
There will be no coffee hour next week due to the Memorial Day Weekend.
TRANSPORTATION NEEDS: St. Paul’s has a longstanding tradition of providing transportation to those in need. Care and Share helps with coordinating transportation to both appointments and Sunday services. Currently, we have need of transportation to and from the 9:00 a.m. service. If you are able to help, please contact: Kittied45@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Paul’s Yard Sale
On June 4 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. our parking lot and parish hall will become a yard sale paradise! Option One: “Rent” a parking space (or more!) and bring your stuff and sell it! You may choose to donate some of your earnings to the church, or keep your profits. Parking spaces can be reserved for a $25.00 per space suggested donation. To reserve a parking space, sign up at www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094da4a623a4f58-stpauls. Option Two: Donate your stuff and let us sell it! Drop off your good used condition items (no computers or appliances please) on Friday, June 3 between 2:00 and 7:00 p.m. You will receive a donation form for your tax purposes. St. Paul’s will sell these items in the parish hall during the Yard Sale on Saturday, and St. Paul’s will retain the earnings (this is NOT a consignment sale) to support the ministries and missions at St. Paul’s. To sign up to drop off items, sign up at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C094DA4A623A4F58-stpauls1. DEADLINE for sign up is TODAY.
PRESCHOOL: Summer Fun! Please join St. Paul’s Preschool at Summer Fun Camp. Week 1 will be Tuesday, May 31st – Friday, June 3rd, and Week 2 will be held Monday, June 6th – Thursday, June 9th from 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Summer Fun Camp is for children 2- 6 years old. Applications and information can be found on the Preschool page of the website.
ADULT EDUCATION FORUMS. Today’s forum will be led by the Rt. Rev. Peter Lee, Assisting Bishop of the Diocese of North Carolina. Forums are held in the chapel between the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. services. All are welcome to attend. There will not be a forum next Sunday, on Memorial Day Weekend.
Go Do: To learn more about St. Paul’s local community outreach projects, you can find Julia Magee in the narthex this morning after each service, or contact coordinator, Kevin Swann, at email@example.com or 919-607-5913.
Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach is scheduled for Saturday, November 12, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and we need you! We need help to make this year’s event a success. The festival committee needs two more committee members, one to take charge of publicity, and one for a new position that we’re calling facilities coordinator. It’s a fun event, for a very good cause, and we have a great group, but we’re looking for more wonderful volunteers. For full information, please contact Sally Moller, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services today. These sessions are for children ages 3 through 2nd Please follow the children’s cross processional to the youth wing.
- Children’s Ministries is thrilled to announce the June 2016-May 2017 Children’s Collection beneficiary! Please join us in collecting for “A Note in the Pocket!” A Note in the Pocket provides new and like-new clothing to children in need in Wake County. In addition to collecting funds, we will also be collecting new and like-new clothing and participating in clothing sorts a couple of times a year. And, we will also have a few “Socks and Undies Sundays!” Stay tuned for additional information about how you and your children can help with this new opportunity.
- Heroes and Villains Vacation Bible School participant and volunteer registration forms are available in the narthex and the ed. bldg. Please join us for the daytime or evening sessions June 20-24, 2016. Forms are due May 29 (next Sunday!).
- Children’s Ministries will be on “vacation” next Sunday, May 29, for the Memorial Day Holiday. There will be no Children’s Chapel at either service.
- Want to play on a GIANT, INFLATABLE WATER SLIDE? Come to the St. Paul’s Picnic on June 5! Attend the 10:00 a.m. service, bring a non-dessert side dish to share, wear your bathing suit under your casual church clothes, bring a towel, grab a bite to eat and then come play! Hope to see you there! Adults can slide too!
- Sunday School: Classes are out for the summer!
- Confirmation: Congratulations to our youth Confirmands: Tyler Barefoot, Drew Bradley, Shelby Bryson, Xena Gray, Dylan Jarrell, Alex Rodes, and Vince Zapadinsky. Thank you also to their sponsors: Vicki Bradley, Rick Bradley, Katie Bricio, Jeff Kager, Frank Laney, Tad Richard, and Jackie Straub.
- EYC Today 5-7 pm: Regular EYC & Advent Play Read-Through. Come for an evening of fun and fellowship: we’ll have read through the Advent Play to assign parts, so come if you’re interested in helping. Then we’ll play some games of Scatterball or Capture the Flag. So be ready to act and then run and play. Dinner is served!
- Middle School Mission Trip June 12-15: Any youth, rising 6th-8th grade, can come to the Episcopal Farmworker’s Ministry in Newton Grove again this year. It will be a rich experience full of fun, fellowship, learning, and service. The cost is $100.00 which covers meals, transportation, and a day trip to Wrightsville Beach. The registration form is due by June 1 and can be found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84bR-wxsdiFdlZpQ3RnRTl3QXM/view?usp=sharing. Contact Leah with questions or for more information.
- High School Youth Leadership Team, Tonight 4-5 p.m.: All high schoolers are invited to come before EYC to help with planning for next year. Bring your ideas and enthusiasm. Meet in the youth wing.